Ch. 1: New Café

Your POV

"AaaaaaaAaAaaaAaaaah!"

"Yah! Can you not?!" Yeji shouts at me as she quickly sits up on her bed, "I know you're in pain right now, but can you not be so overdramatic about it? Honestly, it's starting to become annoying."

I turn to her with a pouty face while I'm still lying down. "Well, what am I supposed to do? This time, it actually hurts more than usual. I feel like my arm just got put under a huge rolling pin or something."

Yeji sighs before sitting at the edge of her bed. "It really can't be helped, can it?"

I pout and sigh as well as I look up at the ceiling. "I wish I could just find out why this is happening already," I basically mutter under my breath, "sometimes it just hurts so much, I don't think I can actually handle it. Like, am I being tortured by a ghost I can't see or something?!" I ask out loud as I stretch my hands upwards. That was a mistake, though.

I shout again in pain as my arm feels like it just snapped because of the sudden movement. "Dang it!" I bring my hands back down, then groan. "I'm so sick of this already!" I start whining and rolling around in my bed even though Yeji is still seated at the edge and I might as well just push her off already.

"Yah! Stop that! You're gonna push me off at this rate and I'll be the one in pain when I land on my butt," she tells me in an annoyed tone and I look at her poutily. "Seriously, are we actually the same age?" she asks me as she looks at me disbelievingly.

"Yeah," I tell her as I quickly sit up, "but I'm sure, if you were in my shoes, you'd be like this, too."

"Really? Shouldn't you be not so whiny since you've been feeling those pain since you were born and you would have already been used to them?" Yeji asks me with her brow raised at me.

"Yeah, sure," I tell her sarcastically as I rub my still painful arm, "I wish that was the case, but it just seems like the pain is getting worse and worse as time passes."

Yeji sighs as she looks at me pitifully, then stands up from my bed and hits my back, prompting me to stand up. "Come on. Let's go out."

"Why? All of a sudden?" I ask her as I look at her with furrowed brows.

"Well, you wanna feel better, don't you? Come on!" Yeji says as she hits my back again, "I heard there's a new café nearby so why don't we go check that out?"

I groan, since I don't really want to move, but Yeji suddenly starts dragging me out of my bed. I end up falling flat on my butt on the ground and I yelp when I feel the impact. "Yah!" I shout annotingly at Yeji as I look at her in the same manner. Yeji just looks at me with her brows raised.

"So? Are we going?"

"Fine!"

I groan once again before standing up and getting ready to change. Once we're done getting ready to go out, I put on a jacket and we step out of our apartment.

"So, just how far is this new café you're talking about?" I ask Yeji and she turns to me with an excited smile.

"Oh, not far," she tells me, trying to suppress her excitement, "by the way, I heard that the owner and manager of the café is actually really handsome!" She ends up squealing and I look at her with furrowed brows.

"And I thought we were going out to make me feel better," I mutter under my breath, though Yeji still heard it.

"Yah! Can't I at least find a way so even I can feel better, too?" she asks me and I turn to her with a playful smile.