ςђ. 2

"ATEEZ, huh?"

...

The bright flash recedes and I grab my pounding head in pain. I stand there for a few moments trying to catch my breath. All of a sudden, the door bursts open. A tall, white-blonde-haired figure enters and sees me holding my head and breathing heavily. He looks at me in concern but doesn't say a word. I gape at him in shock, his white-blonde hair and model-like face highlighted in my eyes. "Glad you're awake, captain's got some things to discuss with you," his voice sounds sweet and rich like chocolate, completely contrasting his towering build and sharp eyes. He offers me a small, forced smile seeing the confusion and fear on my face before grabbing my hand and leading me outside into the blinding yellow and blue light.

I squint my eyes as they adjust to the dazzling light of the sun. The smell of the fresh ocean breeze makes me tilt my head up and take in a deep breath. I look back down and see six other men, the exact same men as in my hazy memory. They look at me as I pass by each one, staring at me with sadness. I bite my tongue before I start asking questions or bark out an unnecessary 'What are you looking at?' and continue walking without making a sound.

As I look around I realize that the ship I'm on is absolutely titanic. The foremast itself was colossal, the main sail even higher, with over fifteen enormous sails covering the entire ship, it's safe to say that it is indeed magnificent, both in size and beauty. The deck and sides were polished and the bow cut through the water like scissors. The bowsprit bore a flag, a strange one for pirates, the complete opposite in fact: it has a pure white background, at the top it has three black stripes starting from the right-hand side and stopping two thirds of the way across, then the middle three stripes went all the way across and the bottom three started on the left-hand side and stopped one third of the way across, as though trying to finish the first set of stripes. But something on there caught my interest. A word written next to the bottom three stripes. "ATEEZ, huh?" I quietly whisper under my breath. I close my eyes.

Another flash.

Nine figures are walking through a sunny, cloudless desert, two of which are holding a massive flag each, the wind blowing calmly against them while the flags are fluttering in their wake. One flag is black and white, the other is black and orange. Both have the the word 'ATEEZ' written on then.

I stumble over my feet as my head throbs once more and weakly whimper in pain. The boy looks at me once more, as though about to speak, his face conflicted. Instead, he lets out a deep sigh, takes my hand again and leads me forward in silence.

Soon I am standing in front of a big door, but there's something on there. Another flag, but this time much smaller, just a bit bigger than a handkerchief. It is nailed to the door by its top two corners, the bottom two flapping freely along with the gentle sea breeze. The flag is black with orange writing. Once again, 'ATEEZ' showed up on the middle, with a thick orange stripe above the word. The same flag from my second memory. The boy holding my hand knocks on the door. A muffled "Come in," is audible.

He opens the door that leads to the captain's cabin and pulls me inside along with him. "I brought her, captain," he informs. "Thank you Seonghwa, you may leave," the captain commands. So his name is Seonghwa? After Seonghwa left, the atmosphere in the room has almost immediately turned...uncomfortable? It has for me at least. Outside the door I can hear faint snippets of the conversation going on. "How is she...did she say anything... remember......almost fell...no memories...the captain..." and so on. It doesn't take a genius to realise that the members are asking about me. I glance at the captain who is standing back turned to me, staring out of the ship-stern windows.

"Welcome back to ATEEZ, Destiny," the captain spoke up, as he turns around to face me. What? How does he know my name? Come to think of it, nothing makes sense.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*