Black Holes

This will cover main basics of black holes.
No criticism please.

Lets first introduce the black hole.

'A black hole was theorised by Albert Einstein in 1916 with his general relativity.'

Black holes are basically space vacuum cleaner but has an infinite amount of space that it can hold. They could store the universes data, and somewhere in the future we could use black hole to tell us and study about the past on the known universe.

A black hole is a region in space where the pulling force of gravity is so strong that light is not able to escape. The strong gravity occurs because matter has been pressed into a tiny space. This compression can take place at the end of a star's life. Some black holes are a result of dying stars.

Because no light can escape, black holes are invisible. However, space telescopes with special instruments can help find black holes. They can observe the behavior of material and stars that are very close to black holes.

How are black hole made?

'To understand what are black holes we should first know how they are made.'

Black holes are made when a star is at the end of its life. There are many possible ways a star can die, we will do two main examples. The first is how common stars die if the creation of the black hole is not present, and the second is how black holes are formed. We do not completely know how they (black holes) are formed but we will work with a most common theory.

1) A star last as long as it takes to fuse all the hydrogen in the stars core into helium. The smallest, coldest stars, called "red dwarfs," fuse hydrogen at a steadfast pace for 6-12 trillion years. Since the observable universe is only 13.8 billion years old, astronomers still aren't sure what happens to red dwarfs after they run out of hydrogen.

Slightly more massive stars burn more quickly, so we can observe the aftermath. When the core burns through its hydrogen, it stops generating energy and begins to contract. The layer of hydrogen directly outside the core begins burning, while the helium core heats up. The star swells into its "red giant" phase and scorches through its helium core to create carbon. Once the helium is exhausted, the core continues to contract and heat up, causing the adjacent layer of helium to burn and igniting another round of hydrogen fusion further from the core.

The most massive red giants truly "live fast, die young, and leave a beautiful corpse." The core continues heating up, falling into a series of nuclear fusion reactions creating heavier and heavier elements. Finally, it reaches iron, which is too heavy to fuse of its own accord. At this point, the same gravitational collapse that sparked the star's birth now hastens its demise. The star releases its gravitational potential energy until the core completely collapses in a "supernova," where it disgorges its contents in a brilliant display that can shine brighter than an entire galaxy.

This supernova will either turn into a neutron star or a black hole.

2) Formation of a Black Hole

If the remaining core of the original star after the supernova is more than the 3 solar masses.

Then the outward pressure of neutrons presses right up against each other known as the neutron degeneracy pressure does not enough to counter the pressure of immense gravity.

And, all neutrons crush together and the remaining mass collapse into a single point of infinity density gravity.

And this point is known as the singularity.

This object is known as a black hole.

How big are black holes?

Black holes are all sorts of different sizes, but there are 3 main types of black holes. The black holes mass tells us what kind it is.