Chapter 1

3 years ago:

"Ariana!?" Harry, my best Friend, came into my room. It was the day my farther was getting married. My mother died from an illness unknown and ever since that day my farther would wear black.... Until now. "Sorry, do I look alright?" Harry smiled his cheeky grin "You look fantastic." We both rushed down the creamy coloured stairs into the hallway where everyone was. My dad was the King and I was the princess. Now I understand why I was so protected, my mother was a pure, beautiful women who could heal anything, she passed it on to me and now I'm the only person who has this power. Anyway, my dad stood at the front, tall and handsome. He waved and put his thumb up. "Hey sweetheart." I smiled and waved. He looked so happy.  Meridith, soon to be my step mother, came walking in, yes she was pretty but every time I saw her she had evil in her eye. I should of tolled my farther, I know that now but it was different: he was happy and I didn't want to take that away from him. That night, after the wedding, my farther was killed and everything turned cold. The walls of the castle turned black, the leaves on the trees melted away and the sky became ugly. Black nights swooped in killing innocent people. Never did we know that Meridith was the dark queen.

Present day, 15th Match 1847:

I always thought about what happened that night. Of course I knew who killed my farther but where did Harry go, where did beauty go... Where did everything go? All I see now is blackness, cold and blood. My hair wasnt pleasant, my hands dirty and my eyes, well they still watered. Everything I knew, everything I ever loved was taken away from me and now I was ready. I have been stuck in this prison for too long now. I had to escape otherwise I would die. I looked around for something sharp, anything... There had to be something. I looked through the small rectangular window. There was broken glass stuck in between the dark, ugly bricks. I pulled it out, my hands were cut but I was determined to get out. I fell to the ground as I pulled it out. My hands were now full of blood. The light appeared at the top of the stairs. I wiped my hands on the hay on the floor and ran to lie down on the bed. "Miss Hutch?" I heard the door open. My chance to be free. "Miss Hutch, The Queen wants to see you." I turned around to see the ugly brother of Meridith. "Okay." I got up and sliced the glass across his face. I ran for the gate and I never felt so energetic. I laughed to myself as I ran down the lane. Guards followed me but I found a window where I could jump out of and land in water. I looked both ways as guards rushed to get me. "Farewell boys." I smiled at them and dived. I swam towards the shore and ran towards the black forest. Yeah it didn't look inviting but it was my only choice. I ran and ran until the chattering of knights faded away.