chapter 1 - meeting noah

"muuumm? where are you? we're gonna be late!" i shout.
"i'm coming, hang on!" she shouts as she jogs down the stairs, trying to juggle her phone and laundry pile.
we eventually (miraculously) get out the door and into our neon jeep.
"ugh, i hate downtown LA" i sigh as we drive past the tacky street corners and never ending cafes.
"i know, but we're not staying here much longer. only until your dad gets the house sorted." mum glances at me and smiles.
"bring on beverly hills" i say, stretching out in the reclining leather seat.
"okay. so we're just popping in for a few bits. i won't be long. do you want to stay in the car or come in?" 
"ummm i'll come in for a bit. nothing else to do." i say as i scroll listlessly through instagram.
we finally get to target; i adjust my wavy highlighted hair and pull on my nude heels.
mum glances down, "bit dressed up for target don't you think?"
i give her a look and climb out.
as mum wanders off to grab a trolly i notice a guy. he has chocolate coloured curly hair that is  slightly sun bleached and messed up perfectly in the wind. his tight fitted shirt gives a glimpse of the toned body he works hard for underneath. his deep almond eyes meet mine for a second and i look away, blushing, realising he's noticed me staring. i walk on and give him one last glance and see he's still looking at me, a slight smirk spreading into a grin, his eyes lighting up his whole face. i turn around and walk back to him.