Kabanata 33

Kabanata 33

Design

The week went by that we kept brainwashing the shareholders of the Silverio company and its stockholders. Because it seems a bit obligatory to them to withdraw the shares and move on to other companies. While the other vampires sit on the board I'm still working on a way to turn them around to be allies.

I can't help but be happy with what I see as if destiny agrees with me. I am here again today at the Silverio conference room and have finally become one of their board members.

They accepted me in exchange to my old personnel. Thanks to Sladen that I've been on private secretary for a long time and his position isn't really his. He tried to manipulate the original owner of the shares. The old man was very scared when he discovered that the owner of the company he worked for was a vampire, so he suffered a heart attack and died.

George is also inside with his right-hand man, who is very loyal to him. He still had a big smile as he looked at me. My face just didn't have any emotion.

The female woman who will appear in front is also starting to speak. For updates on the new company they are building out of the country and details on future projects.

Minutes passed when suddenly someone came through the door and for a moment I was stunned by what I saw. I looked over there and our eyes immediately met the man's.

My face just didn't have any emotion.

It's not impossible for this to happen so I shouldn't be surprised anymore. I looked away before adjusting my seat.

Everyone was silent, including the woman who introducing herself in the middle, who also stopped and turned towards the door. The people inside are surprised.

"By the way, before your presentation, hija. I would like everyone to meet my younger son, Connor Silverio. The newly appointed Chairman, and will be the head of the board. After the long years he left for other important things that he really wants to pursue..."

I raised my eyebrows.

"But now he has finally returned." he said formally.

The design is very fake, George.

As he looked all the face of the board of directors in the middle with a big smirks. The face is still so proud that you thought it was as if nothing had happened since then.

I noticed George turn towards me. It's like observing what my reaction would be to what he did, so I just smiled sweetly at him. To show that what he did wasn't just nothing me.

The other board immediately stood up and congratulates Connor for returning after being away for a very long time.

"I am glad, you're finally back." he said happily as his former shareholders greeted the man with a few flowery words.

I also got up from my chair and stood in front of Connor, having just finished talking to the woman who was also part of the board.

"Welcome back, Mr. Chairman." I said formally.

"Thank you." he said with his deep voice.

I saw that he was looking at me for a long time, so my eyebrows raised even higher. I turned my gaze to George.

"Let's start the meeting, sorry for interrupting. And son, now you can sit next to Miss Gray, I mean, 'Mrs. Calderon." I don't know why there seems to be an emphasis when he says Thomas' last name.

I didn't pay attention to that yet.

That's why a while ago there was an empty seat next to me because someone else was going to sit. I returned to my seat with a smile and the others seemed to be happy with me because they said I was very grateful for the return of their old president.