Prologue

Hi, i'm Joanna, but really everyone calls me Jo. Let me get this out right up front i'm not a super girly girl i'm 5'2, got fiery red hair to match my attitude, and a build strong enough to hold my own. I'd rather wear a pair of converse than a pair of high heels, and i'll opt for pants over a dress any day. I like to hang with the "weird" crowd always have and always will, normal people are boring. I know a lot of people but i have 3 real friends, Mila, Alekzander, and Miki.

I met Mila and Miki when we were little kids, we all went to elementary school together. I remember Mila always wanted to finger paint everything and always tried to use paint instead of a pencil, even back then I liked how quirky she was and we connected quickly. Miki came to our school when we were in the 3rd grade, a lot of people didn't like her because she wouldn't talk to anyone, she's mute so she got kinda cast out from everyone really quickly. But Mila and I were there to catch her and easily became friends. We bonded so quickly we started going to classes with Miki to learn sign language with her so it was easier for her not to write all the time and we could have secret conversations across rooms. And last but certainly not least there's Alekzander. His family moved here from Russia when we were 10, they bought the house right behind mine. I didn't know russian and he barely knew english so it was hard for us to be friends at first but I was determined to welcome the new shy kid into our group. Turned out to be one of my best ideas yet because we're like a little family, Miki the mom, Mila the Artist, Alekz the sous-chef, and me, Jo the writer.

Some days it seemed like we lived in our own little bubble, floating above all the drama and what not of high school but then came chaos. Junior year. Ah where to begin, it's been such a crazy ride i'm not even sure where it all started. I guess it all started at the first big party of the year.. (que the warbly flashback noises)