Chapter 1

"Princeton"

7:30 am

Jill Princeton was making coffee silently with her small 6 year old tv on as background noise. The background noise helped with her mind, because it blocked the sadness temporarily by random news reporters, talking about this world full of problems. She, herself, couldn't understand the full logic of how negative noise helped with her negative mind. It was more of the fact that there were other forms of communication in her minimalistic apartment, which reflected her dull, uneventful and boring  life. 

Black coffee was Jill's go to morning drink, enhanced with strong caffeine. She was an early riser, has always been that way. Even if she wanted to sleep in, her body wouldn't allow her. Many would think that was in fact wonderful, because you had more time in the day. 

She just wanted to sleep in once. Just once, like her old teenage days, where she would sleep in till 2 in the afternoon.

 Soon, her thoughts drifted as she placed an everything bagel in the toaster. Her thoughts drifted, to the things she really wanted, other than her shift today at the medical office.

Jill and her mother didn't really get along, which in turn, ruined her relationship with her dad. The family dynamic between Jill and her parents wasn't the best, which could be a potential cause for her weak and negative mental health. Jill missed her brother Noah, but he was living a much better life all the way in England. Leaving everything behind in America, he made the selfish decision to leave his sister behind so he could selfishly be happy.

Such a great brother right?

Regardless, despite the terrible atmosphere she always experienced around her family, there was no option at this point to suddenly run away from home. Jill working at her aunt's medical office, was the only source of income she had. She had high loans to pay off from her university tuition, and if she quit her job, she wouldn't have the best luck in finding a job.

Or maybe, Jill convinced herself to believe she wouldn't have the luck.

----

I had found a path where I was stuck, yet quite accomplished for my age. I had finished my pre-med degree. With my grades and extracurriculars, if I had done the MCAT, maybe I would have been accepted into medical school. However, I wasn't satisfied, nor motivated. You could say, I never followed my dreams, but rather my parents. They wanted me to be a doctor.

I didn't want to be a doctor. My plans, were far from what my parents would have imagined me to do. And that is being a youtuber.

Sounds crazy right? It is quite, an unrealistic and ambitious dream at this point. However, the more videos I watch of my favourite people, the more drawn I am into this field. I do consider it the best job in the world. You get to make whatever you want, and earn money!? Plus, you don't have to worry about diagnosing the wrong problem for a patient, potentially killing that person.

NO risk is involved, unless if you decide to make a stupid mistake. There's so much freedom, and you would get to work at your own pace.

Being a youtuber was what seemed like an ideal job to me. 

I wanted this, and I felt I couldn't pursue this because of my parents' expectations. 

Where was the utopian world, where everything went the way I wanted?

Just thinking about that, made me feel even less motivated than I already was for today's shift. Working as a medical receptionist was boring and repetitive. I would be lying if I said I wasn't working for the reasonable pay. $20/hour.  It really wasn't that bad, but it was uneventful and not satisfying. I didn't feel like I was making a change to the world, and it definitely wasn't my passion. However, I needed a job to pay off my ridiculous amount of tuition. 

Today will be another boring day, as always.