Chapter 14

The tamagoyaki in the pan had nearly become cold when Mamoru had ended his summary about the happenings before he came back to the past.

Throughout the whole time, Usagi had listened to him thoughtfully, her gaze never leaving his face, an unreadable expression put on her lovely face.

However, when he came to the part Galaxia occurred, her glance clouded and she nearly could hide the tears which started to form in each corner of her sad sky blue eyes.

"This is so cruel."

She just said, her voice broken and the cheeks now covered with lines of salted water.

"I mean", she tried to collect herself in front of him and Mamoru could see through her outer mature appearance that Usagi was still a blood young teenager which haven't been through the worst times in her life yet.

Oh hell yeah, he knew what terrible things she would have to face in a not too distant future.

Thus, he reached for her trembling hands when she was sitting next to him at the coffee table. The gentle warmth of his hands encouraged her to go on with her attempt to say anything to this more than sad story.

"You are here although you are...dead? Are you a ghost or something like that?"

Mamoru couldn't help it but laughed heartily by her unexpected question.

"I am far away from being a, well humanoid psychic reflection...my super hero alter ego is perhaps but I feel quite alive to be honest." He smirked at his little bunny who eyed him curiously now.

"So how did you get here, then?"

Mamoru knew that he had to be very careful with what he could tell her in order to keep the events of the past in place. The main aim had to be to let everything happening as it was supposed to be.

By keeping this in mind, he just said when he was carrying a sly smile on his lips.

"Well, there is a key I have in place which allows me to travel through the time. Before I died in my time, I used it and came her, knowing that I could find Galaxia's Star Seed here which she had told me a moment before she tried to...kill me. So as long as I am in the past I cannot die."

Mamoru gazed at her intensively, hoping that Usagi would swallow the little amendments he added to the original story so that she wouldn't know too much about their future.

He had caused a huge mess with his actions already and Diana kept reminding him on a daily basis that the senshi shouldn't manipulated since it would weakened their fighting capabilities.

Thus, telling lies seemed to be the only way to keep Usagi safe, he just was nothing but her protector all through.

It seemed to work as her face lightened up when he had ended his last sentence.

"So you can stay in this time and nothing can happen to you here?"

"At least for the next one and a half years, I guess." He answered weakly, knowing too well that he had only told her a few of the whole truth.

Usagi got up from her chair and stepped over to him, hugging him deeply and kissing him with a passion he didn't thought she would ever posses...but he didn't mind at all and willingly let her deepen the kiss and embraced his eternal love with all his desire.

"Ahem" the little grey feline, now having a rather red color, cleared her throat in slight embarrassment and thus made both turn around to her.

"I am very sorry to interrupt you both but we have a little problem."