A Bold Move

You chewed at your inner cheek as you read over the email from Doflamingo once again. The offer was generous, very generous. When you'd looked at it before, you'd simply checked that it was from him and read the first paragraph before deciding you didn't want to deal with it. Now that you had read it for real, you weren't sure what to do.

For the picture you took of him, he was willing to offer you 5% of that months magazine's earnings. That was a huge cut for one little picture and with as popular as his clothes and magazines were, that'd be enough to have all your necessities taken care of for a very long time. And here you thought he'd go a much less costly route and offer you a flat payment.

But while the offer left you in shock, it wasn't what had you reeling.

Further into the email, he had a second business proposal that you hadn't talked about. He was offering you a job with his company as a photographer for his models and clothing lines. The pay he offered for the one photo was nothing compared to what he mentioned your salary could be.

Then again, this was sent before you'd returned the gifts a couple days ago. He had yet to send more (thankfully), and you were pretty sure agreeing to anything would only suggest that you were up for the chase again.

But not agreeing to something would put you in the hole for the month. You'd have to scrape money from your already slim savings to pay rent. And you'd just put money in there. A lot of time had been spent dealing with Doflamingo and you hadn't looked into other jobs you could have done.

You let out a sigh as your fingers hovered over the keys of your laptop and you readjusted yourself in the couch, debating on what you should do.

Accepting the job seemed out of the question. It would be a great source of income and it was a job you knew you could do well, and would probably even like, but working under him......wouldn't be smart. Even you wouldn't try getting intimate with a potential boss. As much fun and risque as it sounded to have some kind of office scandal, you wouldn't dare try it with someone who insisted you were soulmates.

That left you with debating over accepting the offer for selling him the rights to the picture. For the sake of keeping things inconspicuous, you could tell them to credit you under a different name. It'd be a pain to have people hounding you about being the small time photojournalist who got a piece in one of the most popular magazines in the world. And on the front page no less.

Then you also had to consider if accepting the offer would encourage him to try getting on your good side again. You could word a response back as professionally as possible but that wouldn't mean he wouldn't still decide that was an invitation. Why did you have to get involved with someone so complicated?

Still, that paycheck was calling your name. You did good with money on a regular basis but work had just been sparse lately. This may be your best chance for an amazing payday. It'd probably be the best one you'd ever get, not to mention you had no idea how long work would be hard to find until more things picked up around here.

You hesitated a second before deciding it was best for you to at least try to accept the offer with the photo. He could take the job offer and shove it though. You did your absolute best of wording your reply in such a way that he couldn't ever assume you were coming on to him and sent it before you could change your mind. There was a chance he may tell you the offer no longer stands since you returned everything he'd given you, but he hadn't exactly sent any messages suggesting as much either. You were betting on him not taking the denial too hard.

You felt much more relieved now that you'd messaged him back. The unanswered email had been weighing on you since you'd originally received it and chose to not answer. Something about leaving things unfinished always seemed to bother you.