Officially Yours

You slipped in and out of sleep but every time you were even remotely awake, you were confused. You didn't remember making it to bed or feeling like there was someone else with you. Yet the bed shifted under you as you woke up more and the person with you let out a sigh, making hot air hit the back of your neck before they wrapped an arm around your waist and nuzzled in.

The all too familiar feeling of electricity running through your body from where their skin hit yours helped you figure out who it was.

"Doffy?" You mumbled, trying to twist around in his hold.

"Hmm?" His chest rumbled against your back and you unconsciously leaned into it, loving the feeling.

"Did you stay the night?"

"You asked me to."

You rubbed your eyes and then slowly peeled his arm away from you. When you turned around to face him, the first thing you noticed was he was missing his shirt.

"Please tell me you have pants on."

He grinned, pulling back the sheets to show he at least had his bottom half still covered. "You asked me to stay the night, not to take you in your sleep. I have class."

"I beg to differ, I don't remember saying you could stay."

He frowned slightly, making it almost look like he was pouting. "You told me to promise you I'd stay if we wanted to make things official. So I did."

"Promise to stay?" Suddenly the realization dawned on you. "Oh, OH. That makes sense now."

He raised an eyebrow at you, obviously not on the same page. "Did you mean something else when you said that?"

"Um kinda? It was tired rambling, you can ignore it." You scrambled out of bed and peeked past one of your curtains to look outside. "Shit."

"What?"

"It's morning, it's light out, and you're still here. Your car is right in plain sight." You were worrying at your bottom lip with your teeth, trying to figure out if he'd be willing to stay put for an entire day or if sneaking him out would be a good idea.

"Do you not remember anything we talked about before you fell asleep?"

"I didn't realize we talked."

He pinched the bridge of his nose between his fingers, definitely annoyed. With who, you weren't sure.

"I asked if we were still planning on having me sneak around and you said no. Then I asked if I could stay longer and you agreed to it. After that you asked me to promise to stay."

"Okay." You nodded and began fiddling with your fingers, nervous of how things were going to go from now on. "We might as well go with it."

"(Y/n)."

You pulled away from the window reluctantly and stared at the man in your bed. He was too big to stretch out fully in it and had his legs tucked up slightly instead. The sheets fell just below his waist from him moving them earlier and you had a great view of his chiseled torso.

"Come here." He pat the empty side of the bed and waited for you to climb back in. "Why are you so worried about this?"

"Are you serious?" You snagged one of the pillows and hugged it to your chest. "You tell the world you've found your soulmate and they're expecting to see the woman you'd mentioned at any point now. How do you think it's going to go when they find out it's just me? They're going to tear me apart."

"You're afraid the masses won't approve?"

"Exactly. You're the head of an extremely successful and influential company. I'm pretty sure everyone expects you to have a supermodel or something as a partner. Not some average girl from a town like this."