Chapter 1

My parents grew up as travelers, they loved the feeling of going somewhere new that's why when they had me, we could never settle down in a town or a city. My mom convinced my dad that they would stay in a small little town until it was necessary to move; that only lasted until the second grade. We started moving all over the country, they never stopped to make any strong connections so leaving was easy, I guess I picked up that trait since I never felt sad about leaving. I'm now going into freshman year and my parents finally decided that this would be our last move. We picked out the best neighborhood with kids my age, picked a house that was in between a school and a mall, and we picked a decent school. We had the whole summer left to settle into our new life style, after all; this is the start to a new chapter.

--------------------------------------------

'Elizabeth! Wake up honey, you're gonna be late on your big day!' My mom yelled.
I opened my eyes and saw my mom coming into my bedroom. She walked over to the window and-
'AHHH!!' I took my blanket and covered myself.
'Get out of bed or you'll be late for school.' She said calmly.
I waited for her to leave but didn't hear any footsteps so I looked up from my blanket.
She sat on my bed and said 'Honey, I know that high school could be a scary time of your life and it could be very challenging so if you ever need anything, I'm always here for you' she then got up and left my room. I got out of bed and went into my washroom. I washed my face then went back into my room to change into my Pierce The Veil tshirt, my black skinny jeans, I threw on my leather jacket then sat down at my desk. I did my makeup then brushed my hair then went downstairs for breakfast. After eating I got in my dad's car.
'So are you excited?' he asked as we were driving out of the garage
'Not really, I'm mostly scared since I'm not gonna know anyone here. Everyone's gonna have their close friends so it'll be hard for me to make close friends and all that.' I said
'It'll be okay. As long as you stay just the way you are, you'll make friends in no time. They'll naturally come to you.' he said with a smile on his face.
The rest of the car ride was filled with Green Day playing. We finally got to the school and he pulled up at the front of the school.
'Have a nice day at school.' he said with a big smile
'Thanks for driving me dad' I said back with a smile. I opened the door then flung my bag over one shoulder. I turned around and closed the door and waved as he drove off. I took out my phone and saw that my mom had sent me a good luck text so I replied with a simple thanks then walked into the school. As I was walking in the hall, people were already questioning my existence and were making a big fuss over it. I went inside the office and waited as there were other people who were there for the same reason as me.
'Elizabeth?' A young assistant called me over. I walked over to her and took out the money my mom gave me.
'So will you be paying the full price?' she asked
'Yeah.' I answered
'Okay, so how will you be paying?'
'Cash' I answered then handed her the money
'Okay, great. Please have a seat, I'll call you over when I get your information in the system.' she said
'Thanks.' I took a seat at the bench. I took out my phone and earphones and played Pierce The Veil. As the song came to an end, I felt someone looking at me so I looked up and saw a tall muscular guy. His shaggy brown hair was covering part of his eyes, he wore a simple black tshirt, a pair of jeans and some black Converse. He didn't give off a friendly atmosphere but he didn't seem that mean of a guy. He walked over to the bench.
'You're in my seat.' he simply stated
'Sorry...' I said before sliding over. He sat down beside me.
'How do you already have a seat here?' I asked
'Back in my elementary school, we had a bench like this. I wasn't the best student there so I went to the office a lot.' he explained. I couldn't help but lightly giggle at that.
As I waited I took out my sketchbook and pen and started to doodle.
'You're pretty good at drawing.' he said. I looked over and realized that he's been watching me draw.
'Thanks but I'm not amazing at it.' I said. I got kind of nervous so I looked down at my shoes, I realized that one of them were untied. I put my sketchbook on the bench then tied my shoelace.
'Elizabeth?' the assistant called and I looked up. I got up and went over to her.
'Here's all the things you'll be needing for today; your schedule, locker information, and your student information.' she explained as she handed me some paperworks. She then started to explain more about the school; the lunches, breaks, etc.
'Thank you. I'll go and see my locker.' I told her
'Okay, hope you like it here.' she said with a big smile. I turned around and walked out of the office.
'Hey... Elizabeth....?' I heard someone call after me. I turned around and it was the guy on the bench
'Yeah?' I asked
'Here, you forgot this.' he handed me my sketchbook
'Oh right, thanks.' I said a gave him a small smile. He started to turn around
'Oh wait.' I said
'Yeah?' he asked
'Since you know my name, I think it's fair that you tell me yours.' I said
'Zac.' he simply said before going back to the office.
I have a feeling that if we try, we could be friends.