𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

—- sharife cooper

i cleaned myself up and walked out the bathroom to see y/n. she was sitting at the table getting ready. i came behind her and kissed her cheek. "you look pretty."

i saw her smile form in the small mirror. "thank you," she spoke softly as she grabbed her lip gloss. i smiled and moved to grab my wallet.

"where do you wanna go today?" i pushed my phone and wallet into my pocket.

"should go to—" before she could speak, josh knocked on the door. i could tell it was josh because he does this stupid knock thing. "you should go get that." she chuckled.

i groaned and walked to open the door. it was just josh, "hey kiddies, what y'all up to?" i shook my head and sat on the edge of the bed. "date?"

"no—" he cut y/n off, "guys i already know. i'll keep your secret safe."

y/n sighed and looked at me. "fine, we're going out. don't tell jalen though, we wanna tell him." i looked at the ground as i spoke to him.

"my boy rife, and my sister y/n. who would've known!" y/n quickly hushed him. "sorry, sorry. i got y'all for real though, your secret is saved."

i took a deep breathe of relief. hopefully we can trust him. "we're going to get going," y/n smiled at him. i got up behind josh and we all walked towards the door.

"be safe y'all," josh said before walking all the way down the hall. we waved bye to him and went off our own way.

we arrived at the place. i tipped our uber before stepping out. "thanks for taking me out," y/n grabbed my hand and our fingers intertwined.

"anytime," i smiled. her hands were soft and warm.

we sat down and ordered. "what if josh tells jalen?" she went on about worrying. "josh talks a lot it can slip out."

"don't worry about it, we'll be fine." i reassured her. "you know, i got you." i placed my hand on top of hers.

she nodded and took a sip of her water. "who would've thought though. sharife cooper with me, y/n green."

"girl, don't play. you know i'm ready to be with you." her smile widened.

"is sharife cooper asking me to be his girl?" she sarcastically gasped. i nodded my head, "i'm playing. yes, sharife."

i smiled a little too hard. i am too geeked on this girl. "you know, you the first girl who has me geeked like this." i admitted to her.

"awe, you're one of my firsts too." y/n makes me so comfortable and happy. i am myself around her. i don't have to act hard or nothing. she's completely perfect for me.

as we finished up, i ordered an uber back for us. she held my hand until we got out of the car, having to conceal our relationship.

i laid into the bed and after she changed out of her jeans, she laid with me too. "i'm going to miss when aau is over," she sighed.

"i'll always be able to see you," i pecked her lips.

i cuddled onto her. "jalen though," y/n sighed once again. jalen doesn't phase me, but for her. that's her brother and i understand.

"i told you, i have you. i'm not gon let nothing come in between us." i held out my pinky. she interwound hers with mine.

i could tell y/n was still worried about jalen. "what if, he doesn't like it- us."

i frowned as she played with my hair. she had her doubts, but i promise i'll make this girl happy. "he will, we can talk to him whenever you're ready."

she kissed my head, "okay."