Chapter 3

" Taehyung!" A manly voice calls out to him.

"Appa! You're here!" Young Taehyung runs excitedly to his father.

"Aigoo, you're a big boy now, if I were to carry you I'd break my back " the man says adoringly to the boy.

"Abuji, don't exaggerate, I'm only 5'2..." Young Taehyung defends with a pout.

" Yes, and you're only twelve..." The man says teasingly.

" I'll actually be 12 this December appa " young Taehyung adds smugly.

" Omo, that's even more impressive than I thought " the man says ruffling his son's hair.

" Abuji what did u bring for me from Thailand? " Young Taehyung asks while eyeing the large package at the corner of his father's room.

" Don't even covet it, that package is your sister's, yours is still on the way, so be patient " the man says, and playfully pinches the boy's nose.

" I don't think I'm patient enough. Atleast give me a clue so I know what to expect? " The boy says with a pout expectantly.

" No, can do young man. I'll tell you what tho, it's nothing like the world has ever seen " the man assures his son, his eyes glazing over at the thought of the gift.

" Chinja! Omo I'm so excited! " Taehyung says bouncing around gleefully.

The man stared at his son with adoration. He loved this little kid a lot. He loved all his children for sure, but he couldn't deny that Taehyung was his favorite. Mainly because the boy was a carbon copy of him in every way, down to his impressive IQ count.

The gift he was preparing for him was extraordinary in more ways than one, but he knew that his son could handle it.

" Taehyung ah, come here " the man calls to his over joyed son.

" Ne! Abuji " young Taehyung runs to him happiness still evident on his face.

" I want you to promise me something"
The man says seriously.

" Promise you what appa? " The young boy asks uncertainly.

" Promise me, that when you get this gift, you'd take care of it, the same way it'll take care of you. No matter what, never give it up for anything, do u understand what I'm saying to you son? " The man says looking intently at his son.

" I really don't abuji..." Taehyung responds, still unsure, and confused.

" Just promise me son. I promise that when the time is right, you'll understand " the man says reassuringly.

" Okay appa, I promise. " Taehyung says confidently.

" That's my boy. " The man says and hugs him to his chest " aigoo, I love you champ always " he adds proudly.

" I love you too Papa " the boy responds.

* * * *

Till this day, Taehyung never knew what that gift was. The day he was supposed to receive the gift, was the same day he lost his father in that horrible accident.

A thunder clap brings Taehyung out of his reverie. He blinks and his eyes focus on his dad's coffin, as it is being lowered into the ground. The ceremony had gone by in a blur, and everything still felt like a terrible nightmare that he wanted to wake up from.

The rain had started to fall since 2 o'clock in the morning, and the weather suited the occasion.

His mom and sister had been crying messes the whole time, and they had been holding on to him the whole time. His brother on the other hand has been as emotional as a rock, and it was virtually impossible to tell what was going on in his head. That had always been the case with him, so it wasn't really a shock anymore.

The ceremony had been held privately, with only one news channel allowed exclusive footage of it. His dad had never been a fan of the media, and so they knew that he would not like for his final resting place to be overrun with paparazzi.

After the event, his older brother took his sister and mother home. He stayed behind, because he wanted to be alone with his dad.

Now, looking at the grave stone that read: Kim Jin Seok. Beloved Father, Husband, Brother and Mentor. May his soul rest in peace...

So many things were running through Taehyung's mind. He couldn't believe his father was gone, and in such a horrible way no doubt. It just didn't make sense, although he didn't want it to be true, he had a strong feeling that his father's death wasn't an accident as the media had claimed it to be. His father was a lot of things, and ' irresponsible scientist ', wasn't a part of that list. Something didn't add up, and Kim Taehyung was going to find out what really happened on the day of his father's death. If only he knew where to start.

There, under the heavy rain, and with a heavy heart, he vows to get to the bottom of what happened to his father, if only for his own peace of mind.

* * * *

The girl is watching him, from a safe distance. She is completely drenched in the rain, her long strawberry blonde hair, sticking to her face, and the thin hospital gown almost see through due to its wetness. But she doesn't care. All she cares about is the heartbroken boy, crying for his father. All she wants is to go there and take care of him, but she knows it's not the time. For now, she would be satisfied just watching over him from a distance just like an angel...

# # # #

And so it begins...

Who else is as excited as I am?

No one... Okay, cool 😭

Anyway, this story is finally coming together. The beginning is a bit sad, but hey, that's life.. the storm before the calm.

Who do you think this mystery girl is, hmm? 😊

Lemme know in your comments.

Please vote

Luwiza out ✌️