Keeping Spirits Up

Yesterday, a few more fighters perished. Was this the fate of the others? Most likely. Will the rest of us escape the same fate? We can only hope.

Luigi—Mario's Younger Brother; To be honest, he's kind of useless.

Daisy—Princess of Sarasaland, and Peach's Echo Fighter

Young Link—The sole incarnation of Link who survived; Mature for his age.

Meta Knight—A skilled swordsman and rival of sorts to Kirby

Ike—The Radiant Hero of Legend, wielder of Ragnell, and supposed ancestor of Priam

R.O.B.—A "Robotic Operating Buddy"; Surprisingly kind.

Mii Brawler—A human-like being who lives for the fight with fists

Chrom—Exalt of Ylisse, wielder of Falchion, and a great hero

Lucina—Chrom's daughter, heroine of Ylisse, and my wife

Robin—Me; Male tactician hero of Ylisse

Bowser Jr.—All-around mischief-maker and Bowser's top goon; I do not trust him.

Corrins—Prince and Princess of three far-off kingdoms; Have dragon's blood; be careful around Falchion.

Cloud—Member of an elite fighting force; lonesome at first, but he's since made many friends in Smash

Ridley—Archenemy of Samus Aran; possibly the most wicked one out of everyone here

Richter—Member of the Belmont clan and Simon's Echo Fighter; Surprisingly friendly and outgoing

Ken—Ryu's Echo fighter; Very competitive

—(Male) Robin

The survivors crossed the edges of a rocky cliff leading to a small grassy field in the middle of a crag. There was even a network of caves and ruins of a relaxing plaza, complete with what remained of a stone fountain.

"This place seems quiet. Finally, a place where we can rest," said Robin.

"Are you sure about that?" Meta Knight asked.

"Well it certainly beats the abyss where we came from," replied Female Corrin, "I quite like it here, and there are even little tiny bits of an aurora."

"Wow. They are beautiful," Young Link added.

Cloud moved toward the lights as he polished his Buster Sword.

Daisy asked him, "Hey, why the long face, Cloud?"

"You said they were really pretty; almost too pretty for a place like this."

"You're saying they could be another trap?"

"Probably."

Suddenly, a short figure appeared behind them that was mostly blue but had what appeared to be white fur sticking out from around their face.

"Holy Honda!" Ken exclaimed, "The Ice Climbers are still alive?! Everyone, you gotta see this—right now!" Everyone looked on as the figure turned around.

"What are you talking about? My name is Ice Man, and I work alone." He conjured up an ice blade to intimidate the Fighters. They instead surrounded him menacingly. Ice Man's cocky demeanor instantly turned into fear at the sight of Robin's charged-up Thoron. It hit him, casting him away before reappearing before them with a slightly friendlier attitude, if not still angry that he was just blasted by the bane of his existence.