✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Another day, another dollar. That's how the saying usually goes. Except, Kole doesn't say this, because he doesn't actually earn anything for his work. This was just customary for his abilities.
Kole is an Ayumu. The term comes from the name meaning walk, dream, or vision.
What does this mean for him?
Kole's job is to dispose of the nightmares that are absorbed into dream catchers every night. He uses his ability to stealthily  get through to their resting quarters and empty the nightmares into specified jars. After this, he has to repeat the process a million or so times before sunrise comes and the people are freed of what comes to haunt them for the next morning. To his luck, he has never failed at his job.
And today wouldn't be any different.
Kole landed swiftly upon a pale gray colored rug. The room was fairly small, containing only the basic necessities of a teenage girl's bedroom- a dresser, a desk, a mirror, a shelf, and, of course, a bed. The bed was placed comfortably in the corner of the room, the dream catcher dangling lightly above her. The bed was coated with a shimmering canopy, neatly strung above the head of it. The dream catcher consisted of simple colors ; light blue, gray, white, and a light yellow. The willow loop was neatly crafted, and the pattern woven in the center looped and looped in oval shapes, bending inward in the center like a flower. Dangling below it were several different charms and beads, followed by delicate feathers as every other dream catcher he encounters.
Now all he had to do was empty it.
Crouching lightly so she wouldn't wake, Kole focused on the center of the catcher.
Suddenly, his finger began to shine a bright yellow, the many lines of the center spiraling as he summoned his jar. Each jar had a name plastered on it, to signal who this jar belonged to. There is a jar for each person possessing a dream catcher- or at least, whoever places one above their head at night. This jar was labeled 'Alice'.
The nightmares, taking the form of a sort of dark gray, misty substance flooded into the jar, making varied scratching and painful noises as it did so. When it was finished, the glowing stopped and just like that, the jar disappeared.
My job here is finished. Kole prompted, snapping his fingers as he drifted out the window. What fun. Now simply another 23,647 houses to tend to.

Kole grunted as he slammed his head onto his desk. Considering he doesn't choose his own profession, he had to select random classes to go through with for college. Of course, his parents weren't going to allow him to not attend college, because he was apparently so passionate about it for the longest time that now all of the currency to enroll him and pay for supplies would have gone to a waste.
As an Ayumu, he doesn't just go around for house to house from birth- the job is officially introduced to him when he turns 18. So of course, Kole wasn't expecting all of his childhood dreams to get tossed out the window so he could go through people's windows every night, so the world's balance isn't completely destroyed by things the human mind creates in their slumber.
If it wasn't already obvious, he did not like his job.
One of the strangest parts of his ability ( yes, it gets stranger ) is when he is emptying the nightmares into the jars. The sole purpose of a nightmare is that they are unpleasant to the mind- they handle topics that are much more brutal than a regular dream. People can be afraid of some very interesting things- once, he encountered a nightmare where the character was being chased down by cucumbers with fedoras. It was increasingly difficult not to laugh like a witch and awake the person in sovereign.
Just then, a particularly loud and obnoxious noise erupted behind him.
"Heyy there, Kole!" His friend Niko greeted him. His voice practically boomed through the entirety of his psychology class, causing Kole to jump a little. He bumped his shoulder aggressively in return. "Could you be any louder?"
"In fact, yes. But I'll save that for another time." He snickered, slouching into the chair next to him. Niko has light blond, almost gray hair and complexioned skin. He's a lot more social than Kole (and notably more handsome) so it made him wonder why he stuck around so often.
"My college debts are coming in hot," Niko grumbled, whipping out a folder of papers and flipping through them drastically. "Can't even..."
Kole couldn't hear him beyond this point, because his once clearer words progressed into incoherent murmurs. Kole sighed as the professor of the class stepped into the room and began to get everything prepared. If his job involving his ability wasn't already tough enough, college and all of the unnecessary work he had to do within it seemed to just stir the pot even further. He found almost no enjoyment in college. His classes were boring, he had very little friends, and he often found himself not liking the structure of the building in itself, anyway. His roommate wasn't very friendly to him, either- whenever he even bothered to ask him a question or start a conversation with him, he quickly told him to buzz off so he could focus on whatever it is he's doing on that game console. His roommate was often in his own world.
"Good morning, class." The professor grumbled to the group, whipping out his stick. "Let's get started."
God, how Kole wished the day would just end.