Truth-Anadil, Evelyn

I raced out of the room, tears streaming down my cheeks, slamming the door behind me, and ran to the gym, locking myself in a private practice room. When I was finally alone and safe, I let myself curl up into a little ball on the floor and burst into tears.
I knew my love would never be returned, but I thought I would get a slim shot at least. Never did I consider the fact that Hester barely treated me as her equal. I didn't want to believe it, but the Storian didn't lie. If I had known that, I wouldn't have tried to win her love in the first place.
I was so close to getting my Never After tonight. We would have been home already, safe and loving...if it weren't for Evelyn Sader.
Evelyn Sader, the head of all the trouble. That witch was obviously trying to sabotage our relationship, whether it was a lovers' relationship, a friendship, or a leader and henchman's. She was up to something. And yet, what was she up to?
My train of thought was interrupted by Hester slamming open the door and ran to me, wrapping my pale body in a hug before I could react. I shoved her away with disgust, then seeing her sad face, softened a little. Hester just looked so 𝘤𝘶𝘵𝘦 when she was sad.
"Ani, look. I'll be honest with you. When I first met you, I 𝘥𝘪𝘥 feel that way. I thought myself superior to others." I tried to interrupt, but she clamped my hand tightly and went on. "Until I saw the true you beneath that cold mask of a villain, and found a soft, kind girl who loved her friend with her dark heart. I started to feel more and more emotion with you, for the first time since I lost my mother. Once, she was the only thing that mattered in my whole life. Now it's you. It's you, Anadil of Bloodbrook."
At this point, I was sobbing like a wimp on Hester's shoulder, her face relieved that I wasn't mad. I smiled at her, face tear stained, as Hester looked at me with a small grin, a tear dripping on my hair.

Oh Evelyn, you underestimated our bond.

𝗘𝘃𝗲𝗹𝘆𝗻
As they embraced and sobbed in a room, in another I watched the Storian finish a painting of the exact scene happening now. The pen slashed words across the page, inking each letter with care.

'𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦.'

yea i did steal that part from book 1