Chapter 1

"Alvin wake up or you're going to be late!" said Dave Seville trying to wake up the mentioned chipmunk as usual on a Monday morning.

"But I don't wanna go to school..." Alvin complained still very sleepy "I want to sleep more..."

"You could've slept more if you didn't spend all night playing videogames!" Dave replied losing his patience.

"Urgh! Fine I'll go!" Alvin said as he got up from his bed.

After a while when all the Chipmunks and Chipettes were ready, Dave drove them to school.

"Another school day! Awesome!" said Simon the smartest chipmunk of the group.

"Only you to say that!" Alvin said with a disgusted face.

"Actually, school can be pretty nice if you aren't so negative about it all of the time..." Jeanette said not liking Alvin's reaction.

"Whatever... The only thing that I know is that I don't like it and that's it!" Alvin said.

"Typical of Alvin..." Brittany said with the intention to provoke him.

"You're saying that like if you were one of the top 10 students of this school..." Alvin said quite annoyed at the provocation.

"Well... But that doesn't mean that I don't have fun in here... I have a lot of friends that I could hang out with..." Brittany said but Alvin didn't have time to answer as the bell rang and they had to go to their respective classes.

They were having English which was the only subject that they were all in the same class.

They walked in and sat on their respective places ready to start another school day, but they surely weren't expecting what the teacher was about to say next.

"Everyone, this is Claire, your new classmate. Claire, could you present yourself to the others, please?"

"I'll gladly do!" said the mentioned 'Claire' that was nothing more than a chipette with cat-like ears and was also a little taller than the other chipmunks. She had light-colored fur with short, light brown hair, some freckles and two different eye colors.

"My name is Claire Moonlight and I'm 15 years old. I'm new to this city so I hope I can make some friends!" She said with a smile on her face.

"Why are you so different from the other chipettes?" One of the students asked.

"That's because I'm a hybrid... That means that I'm a mix of two different species since my father is a chipmunk and my mom is a cat." She replied.

"Alright Miss Moonlight, you can have a seat." said the teacher ready to move on with the class.

"Okay!" Claire said as she picked up a seat next to the Chipettes.

When the class was over, they all went to the school cafeteria to have lunch. Claire was sitting in there all alone and she didn't seem bothered about it.

"What if we tried making some companion to her? She looks pretty lonely..." suggested Eleanor.

"Sure, we can do that!" Jeanette said quite excited.

"Alright let's go!" Brittany said as she and her sisters approached Claire's table.

"Mind if we join you?" Jeanette asked politely.

"Actually, no... Do whatever you want..." Claire said completely avoiding eye contact.

The Chipettes sat down and started eating.

"So what do you think about this school so far?" Eleanor asked.

"It's pretty decent... I mean, I have never been to a school before..." Claire said still avoiding eye contact.

"Oh... So why did you come here?" Jeanette asked not trying to be rude.

"My manager told me to... He said that I needed it..." Claire replied.

"Manager? Are you a singer or something?" Brittany asked curious.

"Yes, I'm a singer... I've just started out recently..." Claire said but this time she looked at Brittany right in her blue eyes making her a little uncomfortable. "Any problem with that?"

"No, not at all! It's just because we are singers too..." Brittany said.

"I know..." Claire said turning her face to another direction.

"Oh... Ok..." Brittany said not knowing what to reply.

"My manager promised that he'd make me the most successful singer in the world... I can't wait 'till that moment arrives..." Claire said as she finished eating her lunch "If you excuse me, I gotta go..."

"Alright..." Brittany said as Claire left.

"That was strange..." Eleanor commented.

"Sure it was..." Brittany said as she followed Claire with her eyes "I don't know why, but I don't have a good feeling about her."

"Don't be silly Britt! That must be just your imagination." Jeanette said.

"Maybe you're right... Let's just forget that happened!" Brittany said.

Some time later, the bell rang as they all headed to another class.