Chapter One : The Beginning of a Nightmare

Alright y'all. Don't judge me. Try to enjoy.

April, 2020

All around the world sat Youtubers in quarantine, wondering what to do with themselves. Some were bored, some weren't. But they all wished they could go do something exciting.

StacyPlays was enjoying her alone time at her cabin in the mountains of Utah, but she was still itching to do something.

Graser was pretty okay with not having to do anything, but he was slowly starting to get bored.

Laurenzside was enjoying spending time in her new house with her husband, Bobby, and their dog, Dexter. But again, both of them were pretty sick of quarantine.

And so was everyone else.

Especially SniperWolf.

Yes, she had pretty bad social anxiety, and was a hermit. But she was rather bored too.

Lia's POV

I was watching tv, bored to tears.

I had actually woken up decently early (twelve PM) and got all my videos done and recorded, and then I didn't know what to do with myself. So I sat and watched a show about mountain climbing. Something I'll never be able to do. But after that, I watched Worst Cooks In America on Food Network. And it gave me an idea.

"Hm.. a show where you hire people to attempt to do what they're terrible at..

I, and just about every other Youtuber suck at exercise.

I have one juicy idea."

I jumped up and ran to find Evan, and told him what I was thinking. Recruiting every Youtuber I've heard of to climb a mountain.

"... That's ridiculous, babe." "Why?! I bet that so many people would do it! Everyone wants to get outside and do stuff! And no offense to anyone but.. most of us gamers could use some exercise.." "Well define 'mountain.' There's mountains like the one we live on, and then there's mountains like Mount Everest." "Well.. I want a challenge! I want something in between." "You get winded after climbing a flight of stairs. Are you sure about that?" "Yes." "Well.. ask around first. Ask if anyone cares enough. Then decide on where." "Fine."

I got on Twitter, and was about to message some of the 'bigger' Youtubers when I had a thought.

".. Ya know? F*ck the big Youtubers. I'm gonna give the little ones some love."

First person I saw was Laurenzside. We've never talked, but we do follow each other on Twitter. So I sent her a quick message.

'Hey there! I had a pretty crazy idea that a bunch of Youtubers should go on a trip and do some intense hiking somewhere. Would you like to? Also, share this to anyone you know!'

I decided to just start with her, and I got up to go get a snack.

Lauren's POV

I was editing a video when I got a text on Twitter, and I peeked at it to see who it was. And I was pretty freaking shocked when it was the one and only SniperWolf.

'Hey there! I had a pretty crazy idea that a bunch of Youtubers should go on a trip and do some intense hiking somewhere. Would you like to? Also, share this to anyone you know!'

I was frozen for a second. I was confused as to what I did to make her invite me.

In text message...