Chapter 4

Christopher Bang

Hey, have you boarded
yet?

Yup, on the plane.

I'm sorry I can't come
get you at the airport.

Haha no, I totally
understand, I never
expected you to be able to.

Yeah but I can't help
but feel bad.

Stop, I planned this trip
before I knew you remember
stop feeling bad.

Besides, I already ordered
a car and chauffeur for
the trip.

I know I know.

Can you believe two
months have gone by
so quickly?

Yeah it's so crazy, I feel
like I blinked and suddenly
I'm on a plane to Korea.

I can't wait to see you.

Me too, especially now
that Ria and I reconnected.

I'll come see you at
you're hotel as soon as
I get off work but it may
be a couple of hours.

Stop stressing yourself.
I'll use that time to do some
exploring or something.

Knowing you, you're going
to spend that time sleeping.

Funny.

But you're probably right.

I'm always right.

Ha, wrong.

Anyway, I've got to go now
text me when you've got
free time, I get so bored flying
alone.

Aye aye captain.

See you in a few hours ;)

As soon as I got off the plane, I dashed to the restroom to freshen up. You never know who you might run into at Incheon.

Just my luck, I didn't see anyone famous. However as soon as I got out of immigration, I did see something familiar.

My name on a poster, as I got close to it, the first thing I saw was black hair and a black face mask however, the when the person took the face mask off, I squealed running towards her.

"Ria!"

"Venus oh my God, I missed you so much girl!" She said as she hugged me.

"What are you doing here?"

"I hijacked your driver, I hope you don't mind, Chris told me that he felt bad that he couldn't come pick you up so I volunteered." She explained taking my suitcase from me.

"Ah but won't you get in trouble? You're preparing for you debut aren't you?" I whispered the last part, hoping no one would hear me.

"Yeah but it's Saturday, I get finish early today. Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays are my compulsory days. The rest are given to us to work on ourselves individually and as long as we pass the Saturday evaluations, we're good. I'm even taking the day off tomorrow so we can hang out."

"Are you sure?" I asked worried. Even though she was about to debut, they could easily decide to remove her from the group.

"Mhm, come on we're going to your hotel because I know how tired you get, especially after flights."

Although the journey, we did nothing but talked about everything we had missed in each other's lives. That is until she brought up my uselessness.

"Hey so Chan told me about how you're feeling with regards to what direction your life is going."

It took me a second to realise that that she meant Chris, I forgotten that I was now in Korea and he was known as Bang Chan not Chris Bang.

"Damn him and his big mouth."

"He was just worried. But listen." She said before grabbing my hand, "You know you're more successful than me right?" I gave her an incredulous look at what she was saying. "I'm serious! I've been chasing a dream without any guarantee of it coming through, I've seen hundreds of people I know give up or get kicked out and had it not been for the new CEO, I would have been one of them.

Venus, you're a social media influencer- don't give me that look, you could be if you took your account off private, I mean, who has 35k followers while being private?! You have the looks, the aesthetics and the talent to become one so why are you stopping yourself? You could go so much further than you are right now, you could have been a famous YouTuber for God's sake.

Give me your phone...YOU HAVE 40,000 PEOPLE REQUESTING TO FOLLOW YOU?! WHAT THE FUCK. Please please please just let yourself be famous."

I watched her silently for a few minutes as she continued to rant about how much money I'm wasting before having enough.

"Okay Okay! Jesus. I don't know why I haven't gone public but it's not like I don't want to, I keep thinking what if it flops then I'll be really useless, I guess I'm just comfortable in my own little bubble."

"Do you want to die in that bubble?" She asked me frankly.

"Maria-Selena!" She wasn't wrong, I knew that I couldn't continue to live in that pool of fear and insecurity for much longer.

"Did you just call me my full name? Did you just- I thought we were friends?" She gasped, burying her head into my shoulder and letting out wild sobs.

"Are you sure you should go into music? Theatre is the one for you, drama queen."

Raising her head slightly to look at me with one eye, she smiled cheekily, "If you ever want me to pop that comfort bubble...Aunty Ria is here."

"Aunty Ria? I'm older than you." I Replied smacking her.

"No you're not, we're the same age."

"Yes I am, much older than you."

"Two hours? That's what you call much older?" I stuck my tongue out at her. We were born on the same day in the same year to different parents and even though I hadn't seen her in a long time, it was nice to have my sister back.