1:1

𝓜𝔂 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓲𝓼 𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓵𝓸𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓰𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝔂𝓸𝓾.

Only you understand.

ー・ー

"Khun Maria Jahad?" Bam repeated, partly puzzled on why the usually uninterested Rak brought out the subject to him all of a sudden the moment their crew announced an emergency landing amidst the abrupt change of weather.

Khun, Shibisu, and Hwaryun gathered the intellectuals to strategize for their next move once the winter storm ceased. Others, like himself and Rak were tasked on the lookout for plausible enemies coming for them after the battle at the nest. It would make sense though, for Jahad's battalion to chase them even though the incident happened two and a half years ago. His faction lost quite a number of sacrificial pawns just for capturing Jinsung.

"I heard from Red Turtle that some of her side branches are based somewhere around this floor," Rak continued, still standing proud and unwavering despite the cold setting. "Maybe they're in for something, or someone."

"What do you mean?" the irregular maintained his calm composure, innocently asking whilst his sight never meeting Rak's.

"The Blue Turtle once told me long ago, and I'm sure he said something to you, albeit vague. About what drove him to climb the tower."

"So she's the princess he was talking about way back the Floor of Tests?" he whispered, recalling a series of flashbacks- Khun's reaction to the regular who gave clues about the screams, and his expression when Bam asked about it. It gave away a portion of the bluenet's vulnerability, but he knew Khun would never want him to dwell on that, so he never really remembered. That is, until Rak happened. "Khun's rule, huh?"

The 12-foot crocodillian paused, then struck his spear on the thick snow, slightly leaning on it. "It's not that I doubt his dedication to you, but if they do meet, would the Blue Turtle..."

"Be affected? Reconsider? Hesitate?" Bam showed a lopsided smile, his intentions unclear, but his eyes remained unclouded. At least that was what Rak saw in the brief moment their eyes met before the brunet looked up at the sky covered in white. "Of course he would. She does hold a special place in his heart, although he never really clarified it to me. I won't be surprised if he'll start helping her again like the old days."

The serene look on the brunet's face eased up the tension Rak was feeling (although he would never admit it).

"Although, I would never question Khun's intentions in helping us get this far. You two are my most precious friends, so I don't want anyone doubting anyone," Bam continued.

In the end, Rak just sighed, patting Bam's shoulders before taking his spear again to transfer to another post. Bam watched his friend's back until it disappeared from his line of sight, then went back to watching the surroundings covered in deep snow. He let his shinsu flow, circulating around the area while he let out an unexpectedly relieved sigh.

Maybe he was more disturbed about it than he thought.

"Khun Maria Jahad, huh?" he mumbled to himself, his hands reaching out as the snow falls unto his palm. The bluish-white hue reflected on the flake caught his eye, until it instantly melted and condensed. The words left a bitter aftertaste on his mouth.