First day back

Metropolis 7:45 am

Now that winter break is over it's now time for the students of Metropolis high to come back and start their new school year. But a young man dressed in black and red doesn't seem happy to go back to school.

Marcas is on his way to school with his parents driving him there.

Jefferson: So Marcas, how do you feel about going back to school?

Marcas stayed quiet because he is listening to music and playing games on his phone. His sister, Jennifer Pierce is sitting next to him, she pinches his leg to bring him back into reality.

Marcas: Ouch! What the hell sis?

Jennifer is a dark skinned girl she's the same age as Marcas but they go to different schools. She has long black hair and purple eyes, she's wearing a white long sleeve shirt with a green overall covering it, she is also wearing white and black sneakers as well as green long pants.

 She has long black hair and purple eyes, she's wearing a white long sleeve shirt with a green overall covering it, she is also wearing white and black sneakers as well as green long pants

Jennifer: Dads calling you, so pay attention ya idiot.

Marcas: Sorry dad, what did you say?

Jefferson: I asked if your ready for school? Ready to see Karen again

Marcas: Well I'm happy to see Karen but I ain't happy about going back to school.

Jefferson let out sigh of exhaustion. He knows that his son doesn't like going to school and would rather work on controlling his powers. Luckily only Marcas has the mutant gene and his sister doesn't, but Marcas's mom doesn't know about it as well as his sister.

The rest of the trip to school was silent and when Marcas left the car and was standing in front of the school he pulled out his phone. He then accidentally released his power a little and shocked his phone causing it to smoke up and drop it. Marcas picked it up to see the damage on it and it was bad, when he put his phone away he felt someone staring at him. It was a girl with orange hair and green eyes, she is also wearing a purple jacket with bat ears on top of the hoodie. She is also wearing short purple pants with yellow and white socks going all the way up to her thighs, she's wearing yellow and white sneakers.

Marcas then heared another voice nearby that brought his attention. It's a girl with blonde hair and light blue eyes. She's wearing a leather jacket and a navy blue shirt underneath along with a gold colored belt. Her pants are bright red and teared up as well, her shoes go past her ankles and stop at her lower legs. She is having a conversation with her parents and she looks mad.

???: I'm just saying I don't know why I'm being punished for something I didn't do.

???: And we hear you saying you " didn't do it" Kara. Let's reframe our thinking. Maybe a new school is less a punishment and more an adventure.