[Past]

Her voice was soft, but deeper than most of the other girls at Kitagawa.

Oikawa loved it.

He met her under the blossom trees. She had dropped her books. He helped her pick them up. He thought it would be like those cliche love stories on television. When they stood up, she had thanked him and went on with her day. He was surprised. She didn't fangirl like the others would.
He thought of her since then. He told his best friend, Iwaizumi Hajime, all about the girl under the blossom tree.

There were a few times where he'd catch her in the halls. She would be at her locker, often alone. Other times, he found her at the blossom tree.
Oikawa learned that she was a year younger, but was very smart. Slowly, he learned more about her.
He learned that her favorite subject was anything to do with the arts. That she liked (favorite/food).

Then, he found out her number.

He didn't text it, not wanting to be creepy. So he waited, he waited for the perfect time. He waited for them to meet again.

That time was under the blossom trees once again. This time, Iwaizumi was there. He had a volleyball, and they were passing it to one another. Oikawa walked towards the two, saying a hello. Iwaizumi introduced the two.
It turned out that Iwaizumi was good friends with the girl under the blossom trees.

  Days went by with the girl tagging along with the two during breaks. Sometimes the two upperclassmen went to her house so she could help them with schoolwork.
  Oikawa fell hard for her. He found her beautiful in any way possible. Her (h/c) hair in the wind wasn't like the perfect ones from the movies. Hers flew all over the face, sometimes covering her face. Her (e/c) eyes were always big when she talked about something she loved. Her smile. Oikawa loved it. She never smiled with her teeth.

  It was mid June when Oikawa asked her out. She was hesitant at first. She did like him, but she was nervous. This was Oikawa Tooru, the pretty boy of their prefecture. She's seen him flirt with fangirls, yet also reject them.
  She said yes to him a week later, when Oikawa asked again.

- - -

  "Crappykawa, we have to go to practice." Iwaizumi's hand hit the back of the brunette's head. "Stop thinking of your girlfriend and get into game mode."
  Oikawa pouted but kept quiet. He wasn't thinking of Aiko-Chan at all.

  Entering the gym, Oikawa was surprised to find a familiar head talking to his coach. "What's (L/N) doing here, talking to Coach?"
  Iwaizumi just shrugged. He walked away to warm up with the others.

Practice had started and Oikawa couldn't get his eyes off the girl that sat next to his two coaches. He got yelled at a lot for messing up.

"Tooru! You got this!" His girlfriend stood up at the balcony with the other students who watched.
He gave her a thumbs up.

- - -

"Congratulations Tooru!" She had wrapped her arms around him, giving him a nice warm hug. "Best setter in the whole prefecture!"
"Can't...breathe!"
She let go and apologized. She had frowned when she noticed the last look in his eyes, "What's wrong?"
"We didn't win against Shiratorizawa, against Ushijima." Oikawa looked down.
Her hands cupped his face, making him look at her directly in her eyes. "That means you win against them in high school, right? You practice harder, and you become better! Right?" She moved a hand away so she could kiss one of his cheeks. "Take this win and celebrate it."
Oikawa smiled, "Let's get milk bread, yeah?"