The beach

Who am I?

I asked, continuing to stare at the bright blue sky that hung above.

I didn't understand; why was I here? And where was "here"?

I wanted answers, yet I hadn't made any attempts to stand up.

The salty water washed through my hair once again, more water filling my ears.

This is irritating.

Propping myself up on my elbows, my eyes drifted to the long black locks that stuck to my arms.

My hair?

Helping myself up, I tried my best to brush off all the sand that had stuck itself to my wet, freezing body.

Yet the attempt was useless, as I had spent way too long in that salty water pit.

Letting out a sigh, I looked down at the place I had lay in for God knows how many hours.

There, in the sand, stood out a single golden pin.

I wonder what this is.

Picking it up, the pin felt familiar.

As if I had used it my whole life.

I don't remember this.

I don't remember anything.

Placing the pin in my pocket, I slowly walked away from the spot I lay in.

As the sand crunched under my shoes, only one question circled in my mind.

Who am I ?

Maybe a mirror would help me

Checking my other pocket, I felt like a fool after realizing that there was a phone in it.

Although, it didn't really matter. It was dead, most likely because of all the hours it spent submerged in sea water.

Shit

Throwing the phone across the sand, I kept making my way off the beach.

-
I don't like beaches

"You know I don't like beaches"

"But Illu, I lay this out just for you!"

There, in front of me, stood a man.

He didn't have a face, nor any clothes.

A silhouette.

A shadow.

Yet somehow

I liked that day I spent at the beach with him.

Even though I hate beaches.
-
As I walked down the road, the sun went down.