Chapter 1. Cute

The sound of people buzzing in my former little bakery that I later decided to turn into a small cafe in the mean time, stresses me out. I can't possibly handle them simultaneously, it's like 7 customer vs my little self  and my friend. Arghhh!

"Miss can you hurry? I've been standing here for almost 10 minutes" said the old lady in the last spot of the line. I make a small apology then smile "here ma'am enjoy your cheese cake! Have a very good day!" I said to the middle aged woman in front of me. 

"Lily! are you okay with that?" I asked my friend serving the other diners. I caught her wiggling the tray in her hands while managing to hold a little cloth to clean up a  mess in a nearby table. 

"I'm okay! I'm okay! back to your work focus!"  After that I turned my attention to a man ordering a black coffee, after i served it, the old woman a while ago immediately barks her order "Hi ma'am thank you for your patience, enjoy your pancakes!" she made a small smile saying thank you. I think her foot a while ago were aching that was why she snapped at me a little. I think she's nice though. 

At past 10 am, we're only having few customers that's why Lily have the chance to chat with me. 

"Amelie you've done a great job a while ago. I wish I have your patience." I laughed a little at that. "Lily you know what, drop it. It's required especially in this kind of work. Remember "customers are always right?"

Lily groan a little bit loudly. "Gosh Amelie! Of course not! If they try to pour me a hot coffee or other foods here I will surely hit them with the thickest tray that we have here. Duh, you goody two shoes."

I swear she's kind. She's the bravest person that I met, she just know how and when to fight unlike me. I can't even shout at our customers. I'm afraid they will fight back in the meanest way, as much as possible I am maintaining my positive spirit throughout the day for them. I hear the sound of a door opening but  I saw nothing as I look who's coming. I thought it's just a wind. 

A small voice of a child reach my hearing. "Miss, can I have a byuuu beyeee cheese cake?" I'm quite shock to see a toddler in front of me. She's wearing a jumper and has pig tails, cute. I stared in her eyes but shrugged it off focusing on what is this little girl doing in my shop without an adult accompanying her. 

"Hi love, yes we have that but can I ask you a question?" the child seems processing what I am asking now and she's contemplating in answering. " y-yes.. what ish it?" she can't barely form her words. 

"Are you alone? Where's your parents?", I asked. "uhmmm.." before she completely answered a woman wearing an extremely worried face rushes to the toddler that I was talking. "Hail! I was looking for you for about 10 minutes now.  I thought someone kidnapped you!" shouts the mother of this child I think. 

I cough a little as I see the toddler nearing to burst her tears. 

"Hi ma'am, I think I can help." the woman looks up to me, "Uhm she asked me if we have a blue berry cheese cake, I just thought she made a dash here for that and you're probably occupied when that happened?"

"Is that so? well about that I was on the phone arguing with my brother about something." She's frowning now. "I'm sorry we're heading now, I'm about to meet him now."

Seeing the confusion in my face she said "my brother" she smiles at me and I shyly smiled too. They are continuing now, walking in the direction of the door but I stopped her. 

"Uhm.. miss if you don't mind, can i give her the blue berry cheesecake? Don't worry its a treat! It's on me. I think she really likes it a lot and would help on bringing back her mood. " She's staring at me for a seconds then snapped at it. 

"Are you sure? I mean I can pay for it but if you really insist it, then you are deeply appreciated." Is it safe to say that I nearly blush or I am actually blushing right now? Regardless, I hurriedly prepared the cheese cake and gave it to her. I  saw the toddler smile and that makes my heart warm. 

"Thank you miss..?" she stop, as if asking for my name "Amelie" I said. "Thank you Amelie!" and then they headed out. I followed them until the door. I saw them walking while a black car  is approaching and then get in. A man headed out from the drivers seat. He looked at them and helps the woman settling her baby in the car seat. 

What an encounter, I mused. 

I turned my back and walk to the counter getting a mug preparing for my coffee.

The noise of a shattered mug rings in the whole cafe. 

That man... I know him, I wasn't thinking when I run outside hoping I can still reach them. I heard Lily shouts my name but I don't care.  

"Amelie? what is happening to you? Did someone hurt you? Did that woman hurt you?!"

How will I explain to anyone that I am longing for a certain stranger?How will I explain to them that I only met him for only a short period of time and we didn't even had a proper conversation when that incident happened. 

To my greatest disappointment I lost them.

That hazel eyed man. 

A melancholy hit me. 

I lost him again.