Chapter 1

I felt the wind dance around me, with each gust it brought the swirl of brilliantly colored red, yellow, and orange leaves along. I watched silently, recording the patterns and images in my mind to enjoy for another time, I could almost hear it. The soft swoosh of the palm trees in the cool breeze, I could almost feel the hot sun beaming down on me as drops of sweat formed on my brow, traveling along the side of my face only to be wiped away.

As the world around me seems to morph and twist until I'm left  in a familiar scene. I'm home, and it's even more beautiful than I remember.

The obnoxious sound of a car beeping pulls me out of my haze, and my heart pounds in my chest as I look upon what my mind hadn't let me see. I'm standing in the middle of the street  and a rather businesslike man has rolled down his window to yell at me for walking into the street, and I quote "like a mad woman".

I try to speak but the awkward little monster inside me makes the words come out all wrong.

"Ajkhxsfhkumv" I say before I feel my face heat up and my eyes widen,seemingly surprised by how stupid I must've sounded.

Nice one Robin.

A name popped into my head, more specifically  "Boleyn Academy for Boys and Girls".

" I uh..gotta go to school sir, I'm sorry.." I rushed out, taking a moment to get my bearings so as to not go the wrong way. He gave me a confused look before he went on his way as well. 

If you wonder what of 'Boleyn Academy..yada yada yada' I'll give it to yah straight,it's one of those posh rich people schools, complete with cunt-faced cheerleaders, jocks and unfriendly people in general that only exist in the deepest pits of teenage wasteland media production. Yet here I am, where there's mean girls around every corner and a John Tucker for every, say four clueless girls?

I know...I'm thinking it too, how lucky am I!

Oh wait, yeah nope. Definitely not what I was going for initially. Why, of all places, why am I here?

Oh right...it's  been one year, two months, and six days since we moved from Kissimmee, Florida to a suburb an hour outside of Chicago, Illinois.

It never made sense to throw a fit, and I didn't. My sister..I don't think she gets that. How's the saying go? Roll with the punches? I'm happy to announce I, Robin  haven't been knocked out yet.  I've accepted the move, I had no choice really.

The house is beautiful, my parents are happier than I've ever seen them, and my room is awesome,  but I spend 8 hours, 5 days a week in a place that I hate. I don't understand half the things that go on there, those people's priorities are all fucked up. I could mention Emily's attitude towards this whole thing but my headache is finally gone and I'm not ready for round two just yet. Especially when round one was courtesy of such person.

My pace slows until I stop altogether across the street from the academy and I'm late. Oops..

It feels like the first day all over again, cause I know there's no hello waiting for me through those door.

But I like the quiet, I like the peace of not having to worry about the unnecessary feelings of other people. No..I don't have the time or patience to try and understand things.

It's gates stand tall, and I can't not show up again. Time for school.

One year..two months..and six days.