Chapter 2

I walked the halls quickly, almost at a jog but not daring to go any faster in fear of being caught by the dean, Mr. Henson, who would have no problem giving me a detention for running in the building. I stop at a solid wood door with numbers reading 104. History. I press my ear to it, hearing the buzz of jumbled up pieces of conversation. If I could only just sneak in....I think to myself 

-when suddenly the door is swung ajar and I'm met with the ugly mug of my least favorite person here at Boleyn Academy. "Ah, Miss Lester, how kind of you to grace us with your presence," sneered Mrs. Leverskie ,nearly scaring the pee out of me in the process. Now Mrs. Leverskie-who's surprisingly married. Poor man- is by far the most vile woman I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. Ever since I pointed out she had us doing packets upon packets of busy work instead of actually doing her job and teaching us something, I guess she isnt the type to handle criticism well. Duly noted.

I tilted my head upwards, bettering my view of the haggardly woman and offered her my signature smirk,"I do believe my whereabouts are of no concern to you Mrs. Leverskie." The grimace on her snooty little mug was priceless, the extent of which her cheeks darkened against her pasty complexion, now that was something to feel proud of. If only looks could kill, I'd be worm food by now with the way her pale blue eyes stared coldly into my brown ones.

Our awkward exchange was soon forgotten when a boy decided it was okay to pull a chair out from beneath another student, her facial features morphed into one of agitation. Silently I thanked the idiot boy for his behavior and soundlessly slipped into my seat in the back of the class.

The class dragged on as usual.I wrote notes cornell style in my notebook labeled eww..history. I listened to Mrs. Leverskie go on and on about something having to do with muckrackers. You know, typical school crap. The side conversations felt like an itch I couldn't reach, whispering is a bit annoying. And as much as my nerd complex strained to here the lesson being taught I overheard the morphed words of my peers.

I managed to catch a few words from what everyone seemed to have been buzzing about, girl, pretty, new. That's not exactly interesting but whatever.

I guess Boleyn Academy has a new addition. Poor chick. This place blows.