Chapter 1: Party

The citizens of the town stepped out of their small homes and met in the center of town. They greeted each other politely, like they always do. However, something felt wrong. There was a small amount of uncertainty in the air with no explanation. Applebloom brought this to everypony's attention, "Did anypony else feel kinda strange last night?"
"Yes," Cadence replied, "now that you mention it."
"It felt like... Like..." Scootaloo started, not being able to describe it.
"Like we have something we need to do... A goal of some sort..." Twilight said.
"Um... I felt like that too..." Fluttershy murmured.
"There is only one problem with that," Diamond Tiara pointed out, "I have no idea what I need to do!"
"Yeah, it's like trying to find my cutie mark all over again!" Silver Spoon exclaimed, receiving glares from the Cutie Mark Crusaders.
"Well, whatever we need to do, we need to do it the best we can!" Shining Armor said.
"I can assure you, if my goal has to do with magic, I will do the best!" Trixie bragged.
"Darling, you can't do your best if you don't know what to do!" Rarity stated.
"Yeah, like trying to do your special talent without knowing what it is." Sweetie Belle said, glancing at her flank.
"We should probably find out what our goals are." Applejack suggested.
"I hope mine has to do with racing!" Rainbow Dash flapped her wings hopefully.
"But what if our goal is bad?" Derpy asked.
"Aw, you shouldn't worry about that! I know! Let's have a party!" Pinkie Pie bounced around happily as all the ponies nodded in agreement. Pinkie Pie baked cupcakes and other goods for the ponies as they all sang and danced and had a wonderful time! However, during that time, they found out what their goals were. A voice came to them and told them exactly what to do. The party ended very quickly as the citizens stood in shock. This wasn't what they wanted. Not at all! Pinkie Pie remained positive, "Don't be so upset! We have nothing to worry about! Nothing bad ever happens in this town!"
Everypony shouted, "Nothing bad ever happens in this town," as they turned and entered their homes for the night.
But when the town goes to sleep...
You can hear the sound of something devious...
Of something quite mysterious...
Lurking in the dark...