Chapter 1

Salylianna's POV

"Halie shut up." I groaned as Halie was horribly singing Never Be by 5 Seconds of Summer.

"We'll never be as young as we are now!" Halie had her playlist on shuffle in the bathroom, she was taking a shower.

"IT'S TIME TO LEAVE THIS OLD BLACK AND WHITE TOWN!!" Halie shouted. I groaned again. I took one of her pillows and covered my head.

I heard a muffled, "LETS CEASE THE DAY, LETS RUNAWAY, DON'T LET THE COLORS FADE TO GREY!!"

Halie is OBSSESSED with 5 Seconds of Summer. All she does is listen to 5sos, watch funny moments about 5sos, and blog on tumblr about 5sos. She has downloaded every song 5sos has made and covered. I don't listen to it because its freaking annoying. I already hear it when Halie is over or if I'm over her house.

"HALIE, SHUTUP ALREADY!" She got quiet and then she came out the shower, fully clothed.

"You didn't have to yell at me." Halie pouted.

"Well you didn't shutup singing Never Leave." I responded.

"It's NEVER BE." Halie corrected.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes. Halie sat down on her bed where I was. Then Halie broke the silence.

"So I was thinking...." Halie trailed off.

"Ugh, what is it now?" Halie is always planning stuff. This is one thing i hate, she plans things way before she talks to me about it. And its like that all the time. "I was thinking we could go to a 5sos concert soon," Halie said.

"Well go ahead because I'm not going. You know I don't care about those boys," I said rolling my eyes.

"But it'll be fun Sal. Please," Halie begged.

"No Halie. I'm going home now. It's getting late." I left without giving Halie a chance to respond. 5sos is all she talks about all day long, and it drives me crazy. I love Halie to death, but she has to put the 5sos thing on hold. Or I won't know what I would do.

A few minutes later, I reached my humble home. I stepped in, closing and locking the door behind me. I sighed as I took my shoes off and headed up to my room. I sat on my bed and checked my phone, surprised that I didn't have any texts from Halie. Probably the way I acted made her mad at me. I just don't understand why Halie would ask me to go to a 5sos concert. She knows I don't care for them. I know she loves them but why can't she just go by herself?

I brushed the thought off and went downstairs to find my mom.

"Hey mom. When did you get here?", I asked.

"Around 5:30. I knew you were at Halie's house so I didn't call," she answered.
 I nodded as I hugged her. Mom decided to go to Netflix and watch a movie. Shortly after we wound up watching a movie called The Guest. I felt my eyes getting heavier by the minute. Then before I knew, I was out like a light.

-----------------------

"Sal......."

"Sal....."

I heard someone calling my name. Then I felt someone shaking me. I slowly opened my eyes to see my mom dressed in her scrubs. I got up, asking my mom what time it is. "It's 7:10. Hurry up or your gonna be late for school." My mom said as she walked in the kitchen. I walked upstairs to get dressed. Then after I washed my face and brushed my teeth, I ran out the door leaving me 5 minutes left to walk to school. I was practically speed walking the whole time.

Shortly after, I walked through the doors of my school. I walked up to my locker, putting my things away. I felt eyes burning through the side of my head. I turned and Halie was staring right at me. She looked away and started walking to class. Even though there's no way she can avoid me. We have most of our classes together. I do regret the way I acted towards her yesterday. 5sos is basically the love of her life and all she wants is to enjoy going to a concert with her best friend. I don't know why I didn't see that earlier.

I mentally kicked myself when Naomi and her "posse" came walking my way. I tried my best to hide myself, but she was quick to acknowledge me.

"Hey loser, nice glasses." Naomi took my glasses and stepped on them. No, matter of fact, she jumped on them. Naomi and her posse walked away laughing.

Great

Now I can't see. That's just great. I picked up my shattered glasses, threw them in the garbage, then made my way to class. I entered, sitting down next to Halie. "Halie I'm sorry. I know what I did was wrong. Please forgive me," I begged.

Silence

"C'mon Halie. I'll do anything to make it up to you," I said. Halie turned to me, with her eyebrow raised.

"Anything?" , she questioned.

"Anything." I confirmed.

"Go to the 5sos concert with me." Halie pressed.

"Haliee," I groaned.

"Well I guess I won't be talking to you."

"Ok, ok. I'll go to a stupid 5sos concert with you."

"Promise?"

"I promise."