Prologue

I crept quietly out into the open. Silverpelt shone down on me, as I stayed low to the ground. A white cat slept at the thorn tunnel. Cloudtail. That disgusting cat didn't deserve to be a warrior. Sleeping on duty. What a fox-heart.

But, then again, it made this dirty work even easier. I leaped up, as quietly as I could. A few pebbles scattered down, I froze. No one heard anything. I continued into the den. I padded into the darkness, no one was there. I looked around. Where is he? I think. All of a sudden, a large something knocked me over onto my back, leaving my belly exposed.

His dark fur glistened on the starlight. "I know your plans!" He hissed, angered flashed in his eyes. I hissed a warning back at him. He set a large paw on chest, putting all his weight on it. My breath was slowly forced out of me. He racked my belly and I gritted my teeth. I moved my forepaws to his shoulders and unsheathed my claws. He winced, trying to hide his pain. I dug my claws in deeper into the flesh. I slid my paws to neck.

Just then, he climbed off of me. I leaped up, confused. He jumped at me again, this time I ducked at sent his flying to the ledge. At his weakest, I clawed his side and turned him to the spot were he had me. This time, I unsheathed my claws and swiped his neck. He was done for.

Once again, a thing hit my side. This time, it was spotted. The dark-pelted cat coughed as I stood there, frozen. They leaped at me. Claws unsheathed. Teeth barred. Ears back. Heading for my neck.

I was done for.