1:1

𝒯ℴ 𝓎ℴ𝓊 𝓌𝒽ℴ 𝒸𝒶𝓁𝓁ℯ𝒹 𝓂𝓎 𝓃𝒶𝓂ℯ, ℐ 𝓌ℴ𝓃𝒹ℯ𝓇 𝒾𝒻 ℐ 𝒸ℴ𝓊𝓁𝒹 ℯ𝓋ℯ𝓇 𝒹ℴ 𝓉𝒽ℯ 𝓈𝒶𝓂ℯ.

In the space between
midnight and dawn,
all I saw was your eyes,
and their pale colour.

ー・ー

JUE VIOLE GRACE

"Amazing!" one of the FUG sponsors who was observing the spectacle named Jue Viole Grace from the far side of the exhibition room exclaimed, awed by the skill and power I displayed as I broke through another set of golems. "So this is Jinsung Ha's new product? Jue Viole Grace, a worthy name that would strike fear and bring a new era in this tower!"

The men beside him also rejoiced, nodding approvingly. They expected nothing less from an irregular- a slayer candidate acknowledged and mentored by Jinsung Ha, a veteran from the 10 Great Families, and the Deep-Sea Fish Hansung Yu. If Karaka was god-like, what more him, who rose through the ranks faster than any lowlife?

Despite all the songs of praises I could clearly hear from this distance, my expression grew darker and blank, attacks more destructive than the last. But all of them were so blinded by the massive skillset, that they could care less of the anger brewing in my heart by the minute. The whole ordeal lasted until it couldn't go on any longer, and all that was left were remains of debris, and I was left lying on the ground unscathed but weary, trying to calm my ragged breathing.

"You have done well today, Viole." Hansung's voice echoed around the barren room, sounding between the lines of satisfaction and discontentment. "It could've been better, but we can go over the details tomorrow. You may return to your room."

I faced him, my interest remained solely on the certain cloth on the blond's hand. "You went through my things, again?"

"All in a day's glory." Hansung shrugged, then tossed it towards the me, catching it tenderly close to my chest as I glared at the former with intensity. "We can't have our star student having any second thoughts, can we?"

I clicked my tongue in annoyance, forming a shinsu disk underneath my feet and started floating away from the man I despised. "What more can you take away from me?"

When I passed by my sleeping quarters, I crossed paths with Hwaryun - I don't know if it was intentional or not- but I'm not interested in playing friendship games right now.

"Viole, are you going outside again?" Of course she knew.

If I could lash out right now, I probably would, but those years of torture and trying to survive from the perils of FUG took away the fewest bits of my sensitivity. I'm just so tired of everyone pushing the responsibility of being the God who unconditionally grants wishes for them, or just being Viole, to me, who was just once another regular.

That's not my name. That's not who I'm supposed to be. But if I'm not, then who is?

I need to breathe.

"If anyone pries, I'm asleep."

My lips heaved and exasperated sigh, finally being able to relax in this disposition, on a roof, feeling the rhythm of the cool breeze the summer night could offer against my skin, a sorrowful glint on my golden eyes accented by the moonlight.