Chapter 1

Dan sat starring out the window. It was raining, like it usually does in Britain. Wind blew against the cold glass making the windows shake uncontrollably. Dan pressed his hand up against the glass, wanting to break free from boredom and from actually being trapped by his parents.

Bruises littered Dans arm from the previous night, from the previous beatings that were so precious to his father. Dan's mother is powerless to the situation considering she was beaten as much as Dan. No one knows about their situation.

Three knocks echoed through Dan's room; not harsh knocks, soft ones. Dan's eyes bolted around the plain white room with no colour at all, only a window sill, a window and a wooden floor light flooding the room.

"Come in." Dan croaked quietly. Fear was consuming him, if it was Dan's father, Dan was surely in for another beating. Dan didn't even understand, Dan's Dad wasn't homophobic, a racist or sexist, not that he could really use gender against Dan.

Dan's mother rushed in, her eyes were red and puffy, she'd obviously been crying. Slowly she locked the door behind her and walked over to Dan, sitting opposite him trying to make eye contact but Dan's focus was purely on whatever was outside.

"We're moving to the city. Sweetheart, I'm calling the police whilst your fathers out. Please don't be mad." Dan's mother tried to say the words normally but they had a slight sense of pleading with them.

Dan tore his eyes away from the window, his emotions were so twisted about moving but his father being gone. That just filled him with joy.

Dan chuckled dryly. "Like I'd be bothered that the son of a bitch who ruined me would be out of my life." Not one bit of sarcasm dripped into Dan's voice. He wanted his Dad gone, never to make a surprise return. Just gone.

"Your Dad leaves for work in 10 minutes, I'll call the police and you stay in here. You got it?" His mum stated. Dan gave a small nod as a reply.

Quickly enough Dan had turned his head back towards the window. Knowingly Dan stared out, taking in every bit of the view, knowing it could be his last time looking out over the rolling hills, the luscious green grass, the birds singing and the large trees towering over everyone and everything.

Mist rolled in from the east as his mother stood up and walked out the room leaving Dan on his own again. Dan watched birds evacuate the ground for the trees as the mist dampened their beautiful feathers. Wondering whether he could ever be that beautiful, Dan swung his legs of the edge of the window sill and dropped down quietly. The sound of Dan's bare feet sticking to the floor echoed around the empty room.

Sitting down at the top of the stairs, Dan heard his father leave and his mums quiet footsteps heading towards the phone. 3 beeps made Dan's spine shivered. She was going to do it. She's calling the police. Dan found himself unable to think when he heard his mums words.

"I'd like to report and abusive partner and father" The words echoed around Dan's head. Abusive. Dan's father wasn't coming back. Normally Dan would be annoyed about not being able to say goodbye but his father was an exception.

Dan's ribs ached badly as he tried to get up. Fumbling with the hem of his shirt he lifted the short up to see a giant purple bruise, tender and sore.

Steadily he stood up with a little more effort than it should take.

He made his way to the kitchen, when he entered he saw his mother, slouched over the counter with her head in her hands, shaking a little. Immediately Dan felt a sinking feeling in the pit of stomach.

"Mum?" Dan croaked, fearing the worst. Quickly his mum snapped her head up from her hands. She placed her pale hands down her side and coughed a little.

"Yes, Daniel?" She whispered. No, surely she got the police. Dan thought to himself.

"Did-um did you get the um police?" Dan spoke quietly. He tried his hardest not to look at his mum.

"Yes Daniel" She spoke. Dan felt as if the world was rewarding him for once. "But they can't get here until tomorrow" she whispered. Dan's stomach sank. The once lifted feeling disappeared.

"W-will he know you called?" Dan asked. Dan was sure he could with hold one more beating. Dan's mother knew she could withstand one more beating. But. If Dan's father found out about the police, he would literally kill him and his mother. They didn't doubt that for a second.

"No, I'll delete the history." His mother replied confidently. Dan's mother was far from sure but she wasn't going to share that with Dan.

Swaying slightly, Dan suddenly felt an over whelming feeling of anxiety and illness. He choked back a sob, quiet enough for his mother not to hear. Feelings Dan had been bottling up for years were ready to explode. "One more night" Dan whispered to himself, "one more night".

Dan's mother knew how hard it was for Dan and like any other mother, she just wanted the best for her Son. She sat on a small plastic chair and watched her son walk out of the room, his shoulders hunched over.

"Please, please let him get taken away!" Dan's mother, Julie, screamed to herself.

Dan jumped as he heard his mother scream from downstairs.

As the beautiful sunset turned into the shadowy night Dan tensed up. Any minute and he's home.

Suddenly the front door flung open and screaming and shouting erupted like a volcano. Dan quivered in the corner waiting. Slowly tears spilled onto his cheeks and Dan felt himself breaking down.

"Dan where are you, you ugly monster!" Dan's father boomed. Dan shook violently, was Dan the monster?His white room was bathed in black making it more intimidating. Closed eyes, short but easy breaths.

His bedroom door flings open and his father storms over to Dan. Dan just whimpered and screamed as his fathers fist impacted with his chest, arms and legs. When Dan's father was finished, he left Dan doubled over on the floor. To Dan the whole situation was just unreal. He didn't want to move so just closed his eyes and slept.

That night he dreamed of something he'd never dreamed of before:

A boy with Raven black hair, striking Aqua eyes and a small habit of sticking his tongue out the side of his mouth when he laughed.

And Dan thought he was beautiful.

[A/N] Ok so not much Phan in this chapter but I promise there will be! The back stories are just very important in this.

Go follow thequeenshipsphan she inspired me to write this, so obviously she deserves credit!