CHAPTER FOUR

Hello, everyone! As I said in my profile, here is the rewritten Chapter 4 :) Forget about what I've written before, please :P Please enjoy! - Maj

It was a quiet night. An ancient hallway would be pitch dark if not for the rows of wall candles illuminating the way. There was no one inside the place, except for the tall man who was unhurriedly taking his steps.

Everything in the scene appeared to be so elegant. From the candle sticks, to the ceilings, and to the floors, everything seemed to have been made to fit a king. Nevertheless, the tall man did not give them any attention. His eyes looked straight and his feet never stopped moving forward. Soon, he arrived at his destination.

Two huge ancient doors were in front of him. The doors looked heavy, but amazingly, it moved easily with just a soft touch. The man didn't think it was unusual as he stepped inside a big banquet room.

The lights inside the room were too dazzling and the colors inside were so bright. Like before, however, the man didn't give it a thought. He merely started to walk in the middle of the room. Instantly, the thousands of people inside the hall stopped what they were doing and kneeled before him.

x x x

A loud ringing of my phone woke me up from my dream. I rolled over my body and lay on my back as I took deep breaths. It wasn't the first time that I had a vivid dream. However, it was the first time that I felt like I was really inside a dream. Everything in the dream, especially the hallway, felt so realistic as if it came from a distant memory.

I looked at the wall of my bedroom where a ray of sunlight flashed through the crack of my curtain as I remembered the scenes of my dream. Unfortunately, my phone rang once again, effectively disrupting me from my thoughts. I sighed and grabbed my phone.

"Hello?"

"Ellias, my ancestor! You finally answered! It's already nine o'clock! Please tell me you're on your way!" I heard Knox's high-pitched voice through my phone speaker and winced a little. My ears hurt a little as I pulled the phone away from my ears.

"Please tell me you didn't forget we have a flight at nine-thirty!" Since his voice was too loud, I could still hear him even when my phone was already down.

Because I was distracted by his high-pitched voice that resembled a rooster's cry, it took me a few moments to realize the meaning of his words.

I looked down on my body and saw that as usual, I was only wearing loose pajama pants. Then, I looked at the clock at the bed-side table. Seven-thirty in the morning, it said.

The airport was few minutes' drive away from my home. Still, I had to consider the traffic condition, the boarding time, and of course, the baggage.

"I'm... almost ready." I told Knox. Knowing him, he would definitely give me a few days worth of lecture if I missed the flight. Time was very hectic, so I immediately hopped out of my bed, took my travelling bag out of my closet, and throw the necessary stuff in there in.

A jacket, shirts, pants, socks, pairs of underwear, phone charger... tooth brush, a towel. I guessed that would allow me to survive in another country. For the other things, I could just buy them there. After a few minutes, I was done arranging my luggage and made my way to take a... very fast shower.

x x x

The audition for the female lead ended successfully. Unlike the directors and other producers who conducted a two-day selection, I went home immediately after seeing Violet's performance. The director tried to persuade me to stay, but I told him that there was no reason for me to see the other performances I already chose my empress for the film.

Right after the auditions, the director made an announcement that Violet Hale was selected to play the role of the female lead. After three days, they finalized the contract and the filming was resumed.

I looked at the clock on the monitor of my car and saw that the time was nine o'clock. Even after the insistence of Knox and my company, I refused to have a personal assistant that would help me with my every day preparations.

Knox was my manager and his duties included representing me for contract deals and fixing my schedule. He didn't need to personally take care of me. However, he had a personality of a mother hen and would always be present whenever I was working.

At this time also, he specifically told the company that he would accompany me to film the movie in another country. I was a signed artist of the StarPoint Entertainment Inc., the leading entertainment company in the country. Most of the managers in the company were handling different talents, except for Knox, who seemed to be content to handle me alone. Thus, he was free to accompany me whenever I film and act as my personal assistant.

Sure enough, I saw Knox' figure, as well as the other crew, waiting in front of the entrance of the airport. Even though it was morning, there were only very few people around. It was as if the whole airport was chartered to be used exclusively by a few people. Of course, even though my film was one of the heaviest produced films in the present era, I was sure that the organizers would never charter the whole airport, especially when we were just flying and not filming.

I grabbed my luggage and walked to the entrance where Knox was. The crew members on his side who were busy arranging some things stopped what they were doing and looked at my direction. I always received attention whenever I go out in public. However, I felt that the stares they were giving me were more intense than usual. I raised my brow and looked at a group of females on the side. Suddenly, their faces went red.

"I knew it! You overslept, didn't you?" Knox hurriedly whispered.

I didn't answer him. I indeed overslept. But, at least I wasn't late?

"You forgot to comb again!" Knox stated as he hurriedly passed me a comb.

"You looked as if you just got out of shower! I always told you, you got to be careful of your appearance! Otherwise, you will cause accidents to females! I don't want to pay medical bills if something happened to them!"

Know started ranting as I took the comb. We were still at the entrance of the airport and I felt stares at our direction. However, to stop Knox from his rant, I started fixing my hair.

Suddenly, we heard tires screeching. I moved my eyes and saw a car speeding. The trajectory didn't suggest that it would hit us. However, it would hit a pregnant lady who was crossing the street. Others noticed it too and started to scream.

My body moved on its own and ran to the pregnant lady. The incoming car was fast and I might not be able to make it.

At that point, I felt warm energy coming from my chest and traveled to my limbs. My body instantly felt light as I sped to save the pregnant lady.