twelve

Both me and Professor Ahn took the last flight from Jeju Island to Seoul. We packed everything as fast as we could, Doctor Lee helped us with booking the tickets.

It is almost midnight here in Seoul and we are heading to the hospital.

'Doctor Jang, if you'd like you can go home first. I will need to read everything and monitor the patient's condition first before taking any actions.' says Professor Ahn while keeping an eye on his phone.

Along the way since our departure from Jeju, I can see Professor Ahn himself is already tired and weary. It was only the first day but we started the day very early in the morning, attending sessions, interacting with a lot of people is as exhausting as it is.

'No need Professor Ahn. I can freshen up a little at the hospital.'

He doesn't turn his face on me, but I can see the flash of his smile.

That is enough to recharge my energy.

Even if we need to stay up all night and directly take any required immediate actions in the morning, or at any times, I wouldn't mind at all. I don't mind at all, Professor Ahn. I may not know how to express my love for you yet Professor Ahn. But one thing I can promise you, I will always be by your side. I will always be here to help you, be here for you. Even in the end I don't get anything in return, that is fine with me. I am doing all of these not because I want attention from you, expecting something in return, I do this because I love you. As I have said it before, don't ask me the reason why I let this feeling grew for you, I let them grow because it feels real and that is all I know.

'Thank you, Doctor Jang.' he says softly.

I smile at his gratitude.

Once we arrive at the hospital I quickly get to my room and freshen up a little and get change very quickly. I go down with the papers and my notes from today's session. I go over to the meeting room as Professor Ahn and the nurses are there too. Professor Ahn begins by analysing through the patient's past medical record. I conduct research and highlight important parts in my notes.

'I will go and see her now.'

'Ah, yes Professor Ahn.'

'Shall we?' he opens the door and wait. 'You are now officially her doctor too, Doctor Jang. Let's meet her.'

Professor Ahn Jeongwon is probably one of the most dedicated, kind, warm, and caring doctor to his patients in this hospital. He would not eat until he is sure that his patient is well and getting better. He would not fall asleep as long as he sees his patient is in pain. He will not rest until they are happy and healthy again.

'Jeon Jang-Mi...' Professor Ahn whispers while caressing Jang-Mi's head gently.

I can see the way Professor Ahn looks at Jang Mi. That stare, that look of him ensuring her that everything is going to be alright. Indirectly giving Jang Mi half of his energy, comforting her with love and affection.

'...sleep now. I will take good care of you, I promise.' he continues.

Outside Jang Mi's room Professor Ahn talks to her father. Professor Ahn always knows how to explain the situation to all the parents, in a way to make them believe that child is going to be just fine.

'...thank you for still being here and coming to see Jang Mi at this hour, doctor. Thank you very much.' Jang Mi's father sending his gratitude to Professor Ahn.

The clock shows it's almost four in the morning by the time we sit at the meeting room again. There are only the two of us, nurses left to the station already.