Chapter 6

So guys... I know it’s been a while since I've updated, and it's cuz I've been super busy. But my bestie @live2sing98 has been pushing me to write so I decided that I shall... Yes... I said shall. So in case you don't already know, I don't really have time to update very often so don't be mad. Please comment too... it would be really great to hear from some of you other than just Erin (yes Erin you know I love you but I want to hear from more people.) So if you would comment, it might just get me motivated to write....

Oh and I kinda want a better cover sooooooooooooooooooooo..... If someone would like to design one for me, they’ll get a dedication AND a read. If I get more than one, I'll pick the best and ya. Contest ends December 13 at 11:59 ET. I will still accept entries after that, but I will probably use the first that I get and you may not get a dedication or a read....

P.S.- Booya- 3.5 page on word equals 2.5 pages on wattpad!

*********************************************************

Niall's POV

Kaiytlyn puzzled me. I had found her at the top of a building, ready to jump off. I had pulled her back, and her arms started bleeding. It was obvious that she had been cutting herself. She was so light, she was almost skin and bones, she thought she was fat, and didn't want to eat this morning. I think she might be anorexic. It surprised me that a girl that beautiful could be in such a mess. Her friends were amazing, but seemed oblivious to what had happened. I had read the notes but they didn’t explain much. I decided I would find a way to talk to her and find out why.

We got to Nandos and I told the girls to go find a table the boys and I decided to play One. It was a game where you ordered one of everything on the menu and saw how people reacted. It could be quite funny. We paid for our food and sat down. The girls looked at us suspiciously. We pretended not to notice. I was sitting across from Kaiytlyn and started looking at her eyes. They were a gorgeous, bright, ocean blue. Louis bumped my arm. I turned to look at him. His eyes flickered over to the loo. I got the hint.

“I’ll be right back. I have to run to the loo.” I said.

“I’ll join you.” Louis said.

We walked off to the loo. Louis made sure there was no one else in there.  

“OK what happened last night?” Louis asked.

“Well I was out for a walk because I couldn’t sleep and I found her about to jump of the top of the apartment building. I pulled her back and carried her to our apartment.”

“Why. Why was she about to jump?” Louis inquired.

“I’m not sure. I’m, going to try to find out today.” I said.

“Ok… I just needed to know. Let’s get back before anyone wonders why we’ve been gone.” Louis said.

We exited and went back to the table. Our food had come. I grabbed a bunch and started stuffing my face. What can I say? I’m a growing boy who loves food! I watched as Kaiytlyn grabbed a wrap and slowly ate about half of it. We finish our food and left.

“Race you to Kingsley Heath (A/N- it’s kinda like Hollister/Abercrombie)” said Vynessa!

Kaiytlyn grabbed my hand and her ran towards the lift. The boys, Vynessa and Carter ran for the stairs.

“This way is quicker...” Kaiytlyn said.

I followed her into the lift. We started up when I heard a strange noise. It came to an abrupt stop.

“It seems we’re stuck.” I said.

I pressed the little alarm button like you’re supposed to (A/N in stories why does no one bother pressing the alarm button? Why?) and sat down. She sat down next to me.

“So…” she said.

“Well… I’ve been wondering… Why? Why were you about to jump?” I asked.

I looked over at her. She looked nervous.

Kaiytlyn’s POV

“Well… I’ve been wondering… Why? Why were you about to jump?” he asked

I froze. I had stupidly been thinking he might “forget” and not ask. I couldn’t. I couldn’t tell him about all of the things that had happened with Mark… and then about Spencer…. What was I going to tell him?  

“Let me ask a different question.” He said sensing my pain. “Why do you harm yourself?”

I winced. That wasn’t much better, but it was an easier one…

“Well… sometimes things get hard… and it helps me feel better…” I said with shaky breaths.

“Things get hard? What type of things?” he asked concernedly.

He scotched closer and took my hand. I couldn’t take it any longer. I broke down into tears and began sobbing. Something I hadn’t let someone see me do in a while.

“Things like looking in the mirror, showering, watching TV, looking at magazines, walking around the mall, going to the beach, everything!” I sobbed.

Luckily, the lift started working again and the doors opened. I ran out. I ran all the way back to the common area between our apartments. I realized I had left my bag in the lift, so I sat on the bench right there and broke down. My razors were in my room, so I started digging my nail into my skin between my vein and my bone. I pushed as hard as I possibly could. I all of a sudden felt an arm around me. Niall was sitting beside me. He grabbed my hand and pulled my nail away.

Niall’s POV

“Please don’t do that… It hurts me to see someone as beautiful as you hurting yourself.” I said.

“I am not beautiful. I’m nowhere near decent, much less beautiful. Stop lying and let me continue. I’m not even sure why you’re still hanging out with a worthless freak like me.” She said.

That stung hard. I know I hadn’t known her for long, but I could feel myself falling for her. I had no idea how she felt about me.

“You are a beautiful, amazing girl and you are most DEFINETLY not worthless. I’m still hanging out with you because you are so nice and I’m worried about you. That was just last night that you tried to end your life.”

“And I wish I had…” Kaiytlyn interrupted.

“You don’t. And I don’t.” I said.

“I don’t believe you. No one has ever told the truth about that type of thing with me…” she said.

“You don’t? Well does this make you believe?” I started.

I had no idea what I was doing, but I leaned in a kissed her.