The Realms

The lingering light was obliterated by the rapidly falling night. The once salmon and purple sky transformed into a vast expanse of jet-black that engulfed the biospere. A canopy of luminous stars materialized amongst the ocean of blackness. Some were dull, merely flickering into existence every now and then, but there was an adequate amount of shimmering stars to illuminate the dark, moonless night. The water glistened, mirroring the dazzling assemblage of glittering stars and the lively trees that lined the marina. The faint wind brushed against the water's surface, the ripples ruffled the stillness of the water, and shattered the reflection of the deity like figure. Her hair flowed with the verses of the night wind making the princess of the water look more divine. She was there sitting on the land taking her human form playing the little kids of mother nature.
"Princess! Princess! You're here, thank God. I almost searched the entire realm looking for you."
"Griselda why do you take so much worries in your mind", her honey toned voice felt like a symphony echoing the entire upperland.
"Princess you know, Her Majesty does not approve you of coming up here."
"What do I do Griselda? These little little innocent creatures pull me up here through their love, how can I ignore them?"
The chief maid smiled at the innocency of the 16 year old water princess.
"Ok princess I understand, you have a pure and divine heart and you care for every little creature out here which is why we Aquarians love you so much. Now let's get going, Her Majesty wants to see you.:
"Okay."
The copper haired princess dipped her feet in the water and closed her eyes. Within seconds she transformed into her supernatural state. Her olive eyes glistened in the moonlight, her feets changed into a long fishtail covered with pastel pink scales. The sides and the waistline was fused into an ombre shade by pastel purple scales. Her 3 feet long and 6 feet wide fin had the colour of a pastel evening sky with touches of green and blue. Her cleavage was covered by a bra like garment ombre in shade by the use of pastel colours like green, purple and pink respectively. It was adorned with sea crystals which formed the design of a sea shell over her bra. The middle part had a large aquamarine stone fixed on it with other rare crystals forming a lotus like mandala design above and below the aquamarine stone. A kunzite stone hanging was along with a pair of small pearl chains that were connected to the side of the bra. Other jewelleries she wore consisted of a broad emerald coloured waistband made of pearls and a ice blue, moon crown made of about hundred different types of seashells which had a crescent moon hanging on her forehead followed by a pearl, symbolizing her royalty and power source.
In a blink, the princess and her chief maid vanished underwater, returning to their own land.

All colours of the evening had faded a long time ago, leaving a matt black canvas with only stars to be looked upon. The darkness was thick but the light that the shimmering stars provided was enough to make him see the surrounding.
Other than the dim light and himself all that seemed to exist was the chilly wind that's harsh bite could be enough to make one feel uncomfortable. But it didn't bother him a bit, rather it calmed his mind. His twin toned hair got messy with each blow of the wind but all he cared about is the Moon. It hadn't showed its face that night, still his eyes were fixed on the night sky, not moving a bit from it as if searching for something. There was silence everywhere, which made the biosphere more calm and quiet. Standing on the window of the demon castle, the 17 year was engulfed in his own thoughts. By his appearance one would hardly believe he was the grandson of the king of demons. His pale skin, his amethyst eyes, and his perfectly carved façade matched with his dual toned slate blue hair, made him seem like he was divinely ordained.
"Sir Kai, Lord Voltaire has summoned you."
"Hn." Hearing the call from his grandfather, the blunette ambled towards the courtroom.
It was a large hallroom with a few flambeau bounded to columns which stood at regular intervals in the sides. In the centre of the room, the king of the demons was sitting on his silver throne with legs crossed and was eating grapes. Seeing his grandson enter, he threw away the grapes and greeted in an unpleased sarcastic tone,
"Ah finally you here. I thought it would take you an entire day to come here. Back to work talk, since your brother isn't here I want you to go and find out about the location of Aquatica. An hour ago footprints were seen near the ocean. It was a mermaid, she was present there for quite a time and then vanished underwater. I want you to find out where is there kingdom. Understand?"
"Hn."
"If I get it, I'll take away all their magic and be the supreme emperor of the land and water. So better work fast."
"Whatever." He was least interested in these stuffs, he didn't want to gain power or supremacy over land and water, but then who could decline the powerful king of demons. All he wanted was to meet this water creatures once, he was curious about them so he set off out of the castle to do as his grandfather said.

The demon and the mermaid kingdom were arch rivals. These two kingdoms were magical far different from the human world which had no idea about these two domains. Only they had heard stories about them. The Mermaid realm was situated deep down water and the demon realm was on the upland among the human world but no human could ever trace its existence.

Pardon my grammatical errors.
Do read and review and say if I should continue this story.
This was just an introductory chapter to give an idea about the setting and the main characters.
So bye..