CHAPTER 2 - RISA GIVENSKI

"It's alright. The dry cleaners can take care of it. It wasn't even that bad," Lucien tried to reason with Risa.

Rema had gone back to the café like three minutes and Risa was tired of hearing Lucien talk about how reasonable what just happened was. She needed her sister who understood exactly who much her outfit costs.

"Listen Lucien, I believe you have a company to run and I have to get to work. My outfit is Lanvin. Do you know what that means? It means it's a fucking designer. That plain jane back there couldn't afford it even if she sold her life," Risa told Lucien.

"Okay fine. I get it. About the date we were planning," Lucien said using his index finger to tip Risa's head to face him.

"Sorry, I already have plans," she said smiling seductively. She knew that Lucien was not a man to play with but she enjoys doing it all the same. He dropped his hands from her face and left Risa's red Porsche. She watched as he walked to his black Ferrari and drove away.

What a sexy man, Risa mused. Did I go too far this time? I'll call him tonight and probably make plans.

She looked at her jumpsuit which was starting to stick to her body. She honked the horn thrice to indicate to Rema that she was getting impatient. Seconds later Rema walked out. She had gone back to get her handbag. Leaving the café behind her was the lousy waitress.

Rema stepped into the car and Risa drove away.

"What took you so long. I thought you were giving birth in there," Risa said.

"Yeah, whatever. You don't know what I just heard," Rema said.

"Obviously I don't know what you just heard. I was in here while you were out there. Now spill," Risa demanded.

"The waitress who messed up your dress," Rema started. "Her name is Khloe. And she just got the heat from her boss because of the tantrum you threw. One more slip up and she's out. And I intend to make it happen."

Risa thought this over for a while. "You know Rema, you still think like a kid. Sure I made a fuss about the dress but I'm not going to push forward for anything. She's a nobody and we are the Givenskis. Let her be. Her job is not even important. Anyone can serve a decent coffee."

Risa directed her focus back to the road. She was feeling disgusted by the was her dress was sticking to her body. She glanced at her sister who was deep in thought. She chuckled to herself. That Khloe girl was a goner. No one messes with Rema Givenski and gets away with it. Even if it was just a latte stain.

She drove into the garage. She had decided to head over to her penthouse. She had dropped off her brooding sister at her own penthouse, a parting gift from their father. Rema would get to work in her own car.

Before her sister had stepped out, she had told Rema to leave the poor waitress alone. That she was too wretched to consume precious moments of thought. Rema had agreed that she was indeed too wretched. But she had also added, "We'll see."

Risa stepped into the air-conditioned lobby and the receptionist, Nicolle, waved at her but she walked right past. She hated that overly cheerful blond girl. A day has not passed without Nicolle trying to impress her.

Risa hated elevator music. It was so 1900s for her. She had specially requested it removed and she didn't care what other people thought. But the manager of the building was taking his precious time to oblige her request. Risa hit the button that takes her to the fifteen floor- her penthouse. On the third floor, the elevator opened and a dirty blond twenty seven year old stepped in. This was Dylan. Risa was not the kind of girl to settle on a guy so it's acceptable to say she had had a thing with him. He was gorgeous after all.

Dylan was a rich enough lawyer. He was a charmer and that made him popular with the ladies. He had these black eyes that you would want to stare into forever. Risa had gone in for what she assumed would be a challenge about two months ago. But Dylan was no challenge. He fell for her easily and fast and there's no fun in that. Unfortunately for him, Risa Givenski did not care. And now it was obvious he was not over her. And Risa had a mantra when it came to men. Once you're done with them, you are done with them.

"Hey, Risa," Dylan said. She did not respond. She just started humming to the elevator music she hated, waiting for the 15th floor. At the eleventh floor, Dylan stepped out and tried one more time. "Bye Risa." She ignored him, pretending he wasn't even there. She had no business with love struck boys.

She finally walked into her penthouse. It was painted all white. Her furniture were all in pale colors like grey, black and peach which she had designed to blend.

She dropped her handbag on the brown couch and proceeded to pull of her dress. She slipped out of her shoes and pulled down her jumpsuit. Risa loved everything organized so she picked up her discarded jumpsuit and put it in the laundry room. Dressed in only her underwear, she laid on her bed and texted Lucien.

RISA GIVENSKI: Hey, you.

She knew he was at work and wasn't going to respond anytime soon. She dropped her phone and went to have a bath.

After ten minutes in her bath, Risa came out wearing her white wool bathrobe. She picked up her phone and sat in front of her vanity dressing table. Lucien had texted back.

LUCIEN MONTAGE: What?

RISA GIVENSKI: Well, that's harsh.

LUCIEN MONTAGE: I'm in the middle of something important. Could you go straight to the point?

RISA GIVENSKI: Aren't I important too?

LUCIEN MONTAGE: If you don't mind, I'll talk to you later.

Risa was baffled. Lucien just dismissed her. And here she was trying to be nice. The nerve of that man. Then, she smiled. She was going to make him beg. She had conquered worse assholes who thought they were such hot stuff.

She took her time to do her make up. She decided to go red and wore a red mini gown with spaghetti straps that was crisscrossed at the back. She wore black heels and picked up her black clutch purse. Work was going to have to wait.

She texted her best friend Valerie. Valerie gave the best advises.

RISA GIVENSKI: Lucien just blew me off and I'm about to make him drool.

VALERIE SOK: What exactly are you about to do?

RISA GIVENSKI: Oh, you know. Just walk into to his office and *work*.

VALERIE SOK: Yeah, okay. Good luck.

RISA GIVENSKI: Are you okay?

VALERIE SOK: Totally. Later.

So nobody just has time for me today.

She quickly brushed off her friends weird attitude. She planned to *work* and she was going to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know y 'all can guess what she meant by working ( chuckling ). Thank you love for the views, the votes and comments. Lets see if we can get EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN to more people. Hope you loved the chapter. I'm wondering what's going to happen with Lucien.

~ Your favorite four eyed freak <3