Chapter 20

The group of friends sat in the bar sitting in the small lounge area as they had their drinks. Jack had just made his way back over to them sitting beside Hamish in a comfortable chair as Jasmine sat in-between Randall and Lilith.

“Okay. how about this? We don't kill everyone, just everyone in charge.” Jack suggested making jasmine roll her eyes as she took a swing of her beer.

“Great. That should create a power vacuum that last a whole ten minutes.” Jas said sarcastically.

“Jasmine’s right. Coventry was barely gone before Vera went all Order 66 on us.” Randall said as Jack took a sip of his beer.

“Even if we wiped out everyone here, we still have the other chapters to worry about.” Jasmine added on.

“Wait other chapters?” Randall asked as they both looked at each other seeing his confusion.

“Yep. Four other temples in the US alone.” Jack said

“Yeah, you got Washington DC, California, Oregon, and New Orleans. Then international ones. Brazil, France, Germany.” Kristine stated as they explained it to Randall.

“Each temple averages 100 people. That's 800 people. Not to mention they adepti.” Jasmine said taking another sip.

“of course, the “adepti”.” Randall said before hamish started speaking to clarify for him.

“They’re like the field agents of the Order. God knows how many of those there are.” He said

“Check out big brain on Ham sandwich.” Randall said before everyone looked at him.

“Absolutely not.” Hamish said talking about the horrible nickname.

“All right. Maybe there's too many of them to kill.” Jack said

“That’s another thing. Nobody is killing anyone until we track down this rogue practitioner,” Hamish said making Randall sigh. “and kill them.” He finished as Randall now felt more excited moving his hand.

“Yes!” he said softly making Hamish smirk a little.

“Her.” Jack said

“She’s a she? Are you sure?” Randall asked.

“I’m pretty sure I saw her when the guy in my ethics class went all jack–o'–lantern.” Jack said making Jasmine realize something.

“Yeah.... I saw her too. She was... Recording.” She said as they looked at her.

“Yeah she was in the hallway chanting some incantation.” Jack said

“What’d she look like?” Hamish asked

“Didn’t get a good look at her.” Jasmine and Jack said in synced.

“That’s not very helpful.” Hamish said

“Well I was in the middle of a transformation so you get what you get.” Jack said

“We can start with the videos.” Randall suggested.

“The Order has probably scrubbed the internet clean by now.” Kristine said sipping her beer.

“I’m saying it's a start.” Randall said

“You do realize if we go hunting without permission, the Order will realize we have our memories back.” Jasmine said

“Well, we can't do nothing,” Randall said turning to look at her.

“We’re the Knights of Saint Christopher. We fight bad magic.” He added.

“Our priority has to be to protect ourselves, and I found a potion that will do that.” Jasmine opened up her phone making Randall scoot closer to Jasmine to get a better look.

“it protects the mine from any form of manipulation. It’s complex, but if we can get our hands on an Archeron’s cauldron, I think I can brew it.” She said.

“Don’t. swipe.” Randall gently took Jasmine's phone and swiped over to see cute photos of her and alex. He looked at her and back at the pictures and slight jealousy came over him.

He smiled to play it off before showing it to the others.

Jasmine's brother chuckled as he bit his nail. “Oooh, cute.” He said looking at the selfie of Jasmine and Alex.

Randall handed back Jasmine the phone as he words started to stutter. “You look – very cute together.” he said

“he’s jealous.” a voice came from Jasmine's head making her eyes slightly widened as she heard Randall clear his throat before Jasmine quickly stood up.

“um excuse me....” she said before walking away to the girls restroom.

“dude, it's not like their really in a relationship. he was using my sister just like Gabrielle was using me. it's not that serious.” Jack said making Randall nod.

“Yeah, you're right... Totally right.”

Jasmine walked into the bathroom making sure no one else was there as she stood in front of the mirror and a flashback came through her vision as the first time she stood in front of a mirror and heard Atlantis talk to her.

“you’re still here.”

Atlantis chuckled in her head, “darling you couldn't get rid of me even if you wanted to. we're one.”