f o u r

a/n: i dunno when english schools go on holiday, so despite this being set in england, its gonna follow new zealands routine. this message is ugly so i'm gonna end it. bye x

******

chapter four: million words

monday morning. second period. louis couldn't wait until school ended, even though he still had another few weeks until term holidays. he couldn't but daydream about all the stuff he'd get up to in his break. maybe him and liam would go back over to italy for their break, or maybe over to liverpool to watch the football. whatever it was, it had to be better than school.

"mr. tomlinson! are you paying attention?" a booming voice called from the front of the class. louis shook out of his daydream and couldn't help but stammer.

"y- uhh... m-mhmm, uhh." his eyes widened as the people around him started to snicker and giggle. he shot them a menacing look, and they all immediatley shut up.

"snap out of it, louis." the teacher glared at him, before turning back to the whiteboard and continuing on with his teaching.

"yes, sir." he mumbled before dropping his head onto the desk.

the bell rang minutes later, and the teacher dismissed the class, louis was one of the last out the door, then unluckily got spotted by his teacher.

"louis, can i speak with you for a moment?" louis shut his eyes and took a deep breath in, as he heard his name, before slowly turning around and plastering a fake smile across his cheeks.

"yes, mr guthrey? what is it?" louis stepped closer to the teacher, who was sat at his desk, trying to look intimidating, but really just looked like he was trying to hold in a fart.

"your grades have been awfully low this last term, are you struggling?" mr guthrey asked patronisingly.

"no, not really. sir, do you make up the questions on the tests?" louis asked, one hand around his waist, clutching his school bag.

"yes, i do. why do you ask?"

"they're unclear and not understandable. i've heard people in your other classes have said it too. around what percentage of your students are failing, sir?"

mr guthreys face dropped, making louis smirk. he absolutely despised mr guthrey, he was always trying to be menacing, and he bullied students by mocking them and pointing out their flaws in front of the entire class. luckily for louis, mr guthrey had never tried to pull any of that on him.

"thank you for bringing this to my attention," he said arrogantly with a glare, "i'll look into it. you're free to go." he said with a hand motion waving louis off arrogantly.

******

it was now morning break, interval. louis stepped into the crowded lunchroom, looking around for his best mate, lunch in hand. liam never sat in the same place, he says its cause "year nines get out earlier and always steal our tables. entitled little brats." he watched as his curly haired boy toy looked over at him and gave him a small smile, before looking back down at his lunch. louis still couldn't spot liam, so he went over to harry and niall to ask them if they'd seen him.

"hey, nialler," louis approached the pair, they were sat at a table with a big group of other sophomores. as he spoke he stood behind harry, placing his hand on harry's left shoulder, so niall couldn't see, as he was sat on harry's right. "seen your brother?"

"okay, first of all step-brother, secondly, he said he was going out at lunch with jade. he told me to tell you, but i totally forgot until now, ha." he fake laughed, before pursing his lips in.