Ⅱ | 𝖙𝖜𝖔

days has passed since the exam and Yuno has already settled in his new squad, The Golden Dawn.

"Yuno," called the wind mage's superior, Klaus Lunettes. Yuno turns his attention to the man "Captain Vangeance has asked for you," said Klaus who adjusted his glasses. The noble doesn't acknowledge Yuno, it was obvious but Yuno didn't mind.

the wind mage nods and wore his robe, dusting his clothes a bit before heading towards the Captain's office. "Wait," the superior calls, making Yuno look back "Don't embarrass yourself to the Captain it won't be good for me."

"Huh?" Yuno left Klaus with a sour expression making the noble click his tongue with a frown, thinking it was insubordination.

Yuno wasn't quite sure why the Captain would ask for him and not Klaus. He thought he should've asked the angry noble.

Yuno breathes in all the courage he has before knocking. the mage then opens the door to see his Captain greeting him "Yuno, I'm glad you made it," a smile was on his face as he did.

"Ah, a new recruit, I see," Yuno's eyes widen, his heart racing from seeing a familiar smile. It was the girl from the market place in the capital. Yuno would never miss those unique eyes of hers, he was sure it was the five leaf noble.

"Yes, he's blessed with a four leaf grimoire, I'm very happy he chose my squad," Vangeance explains, earning a curious spark from the female. "A four leaf? Really?" she beams, facing Yuno with bright eyes. The purple eyed noble tilted her head slightly, placing a finger on her chin ".. I could've swore I saw a four leaf not too long ago.. I just can't remember where.."

It became clear to Yuno that the noble didn't have good memory.

"You called for me, Sir William?" asks the wind mage, "Ah, yes, I'd like to send you off in a quick mission. Just to check up on something if that's alright," answered the Captain.

"Of course, Sir," and William smiles at his response, the boy was dedicated to earn merit, anyone could he it in his eyes. "Then, (Name) can you visit Langris for the information he has?" and the other noble was quick to agree, running off and shutting the door behind her.

Yuno was left to wait with his Captain. Everything was silent until Vangeance noticed that the younger mage's gaze hasn't left the door.

ever since the exam, William has observed that Yuno's eyes were always in search for something. Until it occurred to him that Yuno was in search for someone.

He knows the satisfied look in someone's eyes after reuniting with someone.

the Captain chuckled, snapping Yuno out of his trance. It really wasn't like him, Yuno was bothered by himself. "Interested?" teased the Captain, bringing a warm feeling in the boy's cheeks, Yuno was quick to question "I don't know what you mean." He says averting his eyes.

"Her name is (Name) Reonharldt, she's quite interested in fantasy books and she really likes receiving sweets," William's smile remained when the wind mage's eyes widened in embarrassment.

They seem close for him to know about that

"I guess you really aren't interested, Sorry for assuming things," He apologized.

Yuno felt an unfamiliar pang in his chest. The thought of him being ill crossed his mind and it worried him.

"Captain," Yuno hesitantly calls, "Wha-" he clears his throat "What is your relationship with her?" the mage had his face turned away from the Captain to hide his embarrassment.

His heart was racing that Yuno was really thinking that he was sick. He even plans on asking Mimosa for any quick medications.

Vangeance gave a short heartful laugh, placing a hand on Yuno's shoulder "Don't worry," the Captain smiles "that girl is a dear relative of mine."

".. kind of.."

Before Yuno could even ask, a knock was heard and came in was the Vice Captain of the Golden Dawn, Langris Vaude.

the three ended up having a meeting about Yuno's small mission.

ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ✩‧₊˚

Yuno stretches his arms out of exhaustion after returning from the mission. It turns out, a group of thieves planned to rob a barn and set it on fire. Yuno was sent to investigate and take action if what the report said was true.

He may have blown the thieves away including the barn itself earning complaints from the villagers. They had Yuno rebuild the barn and stock resources or they will report him, which Yuno didn't really like.

the wind mage was drained, he nearly dragged himself back to headquarters. Yuno didn't like today's mission, maybe even the majority of the day.

His nose caught a whiff of something making him slow down. "Yuno!" A voice calls making the boy turn, it was the noble, Reonharldt. A part of her hair tied into a braid, her hands wrapped in mittens, and an apron on top of her usual wear.

Yuno felt himself loose air for a moment. He really made his mind up that he caught some disease or something.

"Did you need something?" asked Yuno. The girl then smiles, handing him a tray of baked macaroons "It's for you, Good Job out there!" she says leaving the wind mage speechless.

You felt unsure and slightly conscious that he wasn't saying anything, "D-Do you not like macaroons? Should I make you cookies then?" you falter, "No! Why would you even do such tiresome thing?"

"Well.."

"William told me you were going to a mission and said that you were having a hard time fitting in here so... I thought I'd make you something for always doing you best."

Yuno felt his breath pause for the second time, he wouldn't admit it. After taking one from the tray, Yuno savored the first macaroon at hand.

"It's not bad, it'll be a shame if I don't take it so.." Yuno spoke, continuing to chew in attempt to avoid a conversation he doesn't know how to handle.

"I'm glad," the noble smiles, before rushing in to pack the macaroons in a small box. Yuno waited until you handed it to him "I hope you like it, Yuno."

He nods, accepting the box before thanking you.

It wasn't bad... Yuno just liked it too much, he wouldn't give a proper compliment. He was relieved you actually gave it all to him.

Yuno changed his mind. He liked today's mission, he didn't knew it was so rewarding.

⌒・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*☆*