v. diners, drive-ins, and dives

Saturday began well, Bella and I took a walk through the woods behind our house

Saturday began well, Bella and I took a walk through the woods behind our house. It was really nice to just spend time with her again. I let Bella take the lead and we absentmindedly discussed anything we needed to catch up on.

"I'm just saying. I kinda loved Ratatouille. It wasn't bad!" I tried to defend my opinion on the Disney-Pixar movie to a ludicrous Bella. "I'm not saying it's my favorite, I'm just saying it wasn't horrible."

Bella chuckled and waved a hand back at me dismissively, "I know, I know. You couldn't hate something if you wanted to. It's fine. I mean I loved Juno and you made fun of me for it." Bella tripped over a twig but recovered quickly.

"No, I didn't make fun of you for liking Juno. I made fun of you for thinking Michael Cera looked hot in it. I thought he was cute, but hot? C'mon Bella, you're weird." I jogged a bit to catch up to her and elbowed her arm jovially.

"Whatever, whatever. I thought it was hot. I guess that makes me a freak." Bella put her hands up in surrender.

"I'm glad we agree." I giggled and remembered what I meant to ask her, "hey, I got caught up on a few of my math problems last night, since you took it last year do you think you can help me after breakfast with Dad?"

Bella led me out of the woods and back towards the house, "Yeah, definitely. Let's get a start on breakfast now, I'm sure Dad would like not having to go to the diner for once." Bella suggested, while wiping her feet on the front mat.

I grinned at her as she pulled the door open, "Yes! We haven't made our famous Bells' and Days' Breakfast Extravaganza in forever." Bella laughed at my enthusiasm and nodded as she washed her hands and began pulling out ingredients.

"Dad!" I shouted up the stairs, "Bells and I are making breakfast, it'll be ready in like twenty." 

I heard distant shuffling and then a door opening, "Thank god, a home cooked meal! Your mother and I are both inedible chefs, I don't know where the two of you got it." Dad shouted down.

Bella and I just laughed in response and continued preparing breakfast. "Alright," I rolled up my sleeves and slapped my hands on the counter in determination, "I'll prep the French toast if you can set the table, and then you take over and cook them while I cut some fruit?" I set out my plan to Bella.

Bella tied her hair up in a loose ponytail and nodded, "Sounds perfect." 

As I broke the eggs and whipped them and Bella began clanking the dishes to set them out, she called to me, "Hey, how're things going on your philosophy project with Alice? I don't know her too well but Edward says she loves you." I smiled at the thought that the feeling was mutual between me and one of my new friends.

Dipping the bread in the egg wash, I had to shake a loose curl out of my face, "Oh my god. Alice is so awesome. The project is intense as it's half our grade, but the teacher is giving us the whole semester to work on it." Bella was wrapping up setting the table and turned to face me.