We Lost

Disclaimer: all characters in this story are the property of Haruichi Furudate. I own nothing but the plot. The art does not belong to me. Author-chan out!

"Farewell, my paradise." Tendou Satori watched Karasuno from across the volleyball net. We lost.

The middle blocker walked up to Ushijima Wakatoshi, his ace and boyfriend. They laid down and began to stretch. Tendou spoke quietly. "I'm gonna quit volleyball after high school, but I'll be watching you on TV, and brag to everyone we were best buds. And when they make a documentary about you, you totally have my permission to interview me as an old comrade." Ushijima smiled at him. No words were necessary. Tendou knew what he meant.

"Rrrh." Oikawa Tooru glared at Karasuno from across the volleyball net. We lost.

The setter walked up to Iwaizumi Hajime, his ace and boyfriend. Tears ran down his face. Oikawa smacked him in the back. No words were necessary. They knew what the other was saying.

One week later

"Satori, how much stuff did you bring?" Wakatoshi asked his boyfriend. "We're only staying here for two weeks, you know."

"Gotta be prepared-" Tendou winked at Ushijima. The taller male simply raised his eyebrows and helped carry his luggage to their hotel room. They had rented an expensive hotel room in Tokyo for a vacation. They had been planning this for a while now. They would spend their days as tourists in Tokyo. Their nights… Wakatoshi blushed. 

When they were finished moving luggage, Satori collapsed dramatically onto the hotel bed. "Yeesh, I'm tired! Are you, Wakatoshi?"

"No."

"My, my- so much stamina-" Tendou wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. Ushijima sat down beside the redhead. Tendou smiled and caressed his face. Wakatoshi's pants bulged.

Satori smirked. "All good things to those who wait," he quoted. He walked into the bathroom. "See you tonight!"

Ushijima slammed his head into a wall.

Across the hallway, Iwaizumi looked at Oikawa. "Trashykawa, we're staying here for two weeks, not a month. What even is this?" He held up a bag.

"My skin lotions, of course! Where would I be without it?"

"I thought this was your skin lotion stuff?" Hajime hoisted another bag.

"No, that's my hair care stuff," Tooru replied. The ace rolled his eyes. 

"Whatever. Let's just finish getting all this crap to our room," he grumbled.

"Mean Iwa-chan!"

When they finished temporarily moving in, Iwaizumi turned on the news. Oikawa put his hands on his boyfriend's shoulders. He was ignored.

"Iwa-chan, pay attention to me," Tooru wheedled. He rubbed his chocolate brown hair on the back of Hajime's neck. Hajime stiffened and turned around.

"Oh, does that turn you on? Perhaps I should do it again," Oikawa teased. Iwaizumi growled deep in his throat. "You had better."

Two days later

Wakatoshi walked to the grocery store. It was the evening, and he and Satori were tired but cheerful from sightseeing all day. They were, however, also very hungry, so Ushijima was buying some food. Tendou was asleep, so the grass haired male was taking the opportunity to go shopping.

He glanced to the side of the store. His eyes widened.

The ace of Aoba Johsai was standing not ten feet away, glaring at him.

Iwaizumi's POV

Iwaizumi had been shopping for soothing cream. Tooru's feet were aching from all the walking around, so he was taking a nap while Hajime bought some lotion. But when he saw Ushijima Wakatoshi on the sidewalk by the grocery store, Iwaizumi froze. 

Memories flooded his mind. Losing to Shiratorizawa throughout middle school. Losing to Shiratorizawa for the first and second years of high school. Losing to Karasuno before Shiratorizawa this year. 

Hajime's hands clenched into fists. Oikawa hated Ushijima, and some of that had rubbed off on Iwaizumi. He was just better at hiding it.

"What are you doing here?" he snapped.

Wakatoshi blinked in surprise. "Shopping."

"Why are you in Tokyo?" Hajime growled.

Wakatoshi's stance tensed. "I am on a vacation with my boyfriend," he growled back. "Is there a problem?" The two alpha males glared at each other.

"Oh yes, there is a problem," Iwaizumi practically snarled, stalking up to the opposing ace. He stabbed a finger at Ushijima's chest, startling him into falling a step back. Then Ushijima recovered and stepped forward, towering over the ace of Aoba Johsai. Iwaizumi refused to be intimidated, however. They glared at each other. Wakatoshi's hands became fists, matching Hajime.

Then, a few blocks away, their hotel exploded into flames.