Chapter 3

Hey guys! I just want to mention that I'm actually doing ok with my updating schedule! Like, somebody document this rare occasion! Ok, that's it. Comment, vote, follow. Happy reading! Thanks to my amazing beta, JJ, this story doesn't suck!

- your author

ΩΩΩ

With just a simple text telling Percy she was going home, Annabeth left. Percy had practice until 4:00, so she had decided that it would be best to just go home. That way she can get SOME homework done before Percy is able to distract her.

When she got home, which is the Jackson-Blofis apartment, she headed straight to her desk in her room (well, technically, it's hers and Percy's, since they share a room). With only 45 minutes left until practice ended, she needed to rush in order to get enough done.

She chose to start with English, her hardest subject, so that she could just get it over with.

Meanwhile, at the school, Percy's team was laughing at him, hysterically.

"What–what did you do to get that girl to hate you so much?!" Mike asked once Percy had pulled himself out of the pool.

"She doesn't hate me," Percy frowned, wiping himself off with a towel.

His friends shared a look, "Yeah, you keep telling yourself that."

"Whatever," Percy sighed and then smiled, "Five extra laps for that!"

Sometimes, being the captain has its perks!

After that, nobody dared mention the encounter, at least not to his face. In fact, it seemed like the team was putting an extra effort into their work today. It made it seem like practice flew by, to the point that their couch needed to remind Percy that it was two minutes until 4:00.

"Oh! Everybody out! Practice is over!" he exclaimed, rushing to the locker room to shower.

By the time he had showered, left, and finally reached his apartment complex, it was 4:25.

He was in a rush to get home for his scheduled Annabeth-time. To some, this might sound idiotic, but to someone who only gets so much time to spend with his girlfriend, it's completely normal. When Percy was allowed to acknowledge Annabeth as his girlfriend, he became pretty clingy.

When he barged into the apartment, Annabeth was just finishing up her last problem on her Math homework. She was only able to finish English and Math during her alone-time.

As soon as she heard the door slam open, she turned her chair around and grew a small smile on her face. Like clockwork, Percy went straight to their room and ran right to her. In his excitement, he just went on instinct and lifted his girlfriend up into his arms, giving her a big, deep kiss on the lips.

At first, Annabeth gasped and didn't respond, but eventually, when she realized Percy wasn't going to stop, she started to move her lips against his. Without even realizing it, they had started to drift towards their bed. Before they knew it, Percy was leaning up against the headboard with Annabeth straddling him and kissing down his neck.

They probably would've kept on doing this for hours if Paul hadn't decided to come home at that moment, "Percy! Annabeth! I'm home!"

With a sigh, Annabeth pushed off of Percy and just leaned her head against his chest, "That was nice."

Percy, with a content grin, said, "Yeah. I miss you being my girlfriend. Why can't we just call this whole thing off?"

"I miss you, too, but we can't stop now. There is no way that Leo was right!" she responded.