Chapter 13: Haru

"How are you feeling?"

"Mhmm... Alright, just some parts of my body hurt..."

Daisuke sat by the bed while Y/N examined her bruises, avoiding eye contact as her eyes quivered. His fingers tugged her chin, making her look right at him, into his grey-blue eyes. Her eyes widened and started to water, the emotions washing in like a tsunami.

"Don't cry..."

She gripped onto his shirt, pulling him close to bury her head as her body shook.

"*Sob* I'm so s-sorry... D-Daisuke... I'm so sorry..."

"What is there to be sorry about?"

"I...I'm useless. I made you worry, I made you pay off my debt... I... I-I will pay it back but... I feel completely usele-"

His hot lips molded onto hers, gripping her cheeks as he shut her up. With his husky voice that was so soft against her skin, whispered,

"You're not useless... Plus, I gave them a million so you owe me."

He licked his lips, enjoying the expression she had—shocked, determined, confused. Dusting his suit, he smirks at her,

"Isn't it better to deal with me than loan sharks?"

"I-I guess?"

"So you owe me a million."

"I-I'll give you what I h-"

"Work your ass off. You won't get paid until you pay off your debt~"

"B-But I would n-need a small bit to live norma-"

"Ah, and you would have to live in my house."

"What?"

"To pay your debt. Sell your apartment and live with me. That way, you don't have to worry about your bills and food. I'll take care of it."

"Bu-"

"No buts, Y/N."

I only accept one butt...

"F-Fine..."

He kissed her forehead before telling her that he would need to call someone, which he did not say was his own staff to go and sell her apartment and collect her things. The sliding door opened, Daisuke walked out and Haru came in. His eyes were red from crying, slight worry invaded her emotions.

"Mr. Katō, are y-"

"I'M SORRY!"

He went on his knees, hitting his head hard on the floor, causing a red bump to stain his skin. Haru gritted his teeth, regret and remorse were the only things he felt.

"I'm an absolute disgrace as an Alpha and as a human being... I'm deeply sorry for what I tried to do to you."

"M-Mr. Katō, please s-stand up!"

He sniffled, standing straight up as he looked at her. 

"I was full of fury and agony when it came to you... You see, I've liked Mr. Kanbe ever since we were little but he does not remember me because he never spared me a glance. When I heard that he favored you, I got... jealous and tried to make you fall in love with me. My Alpha side took over and I did not have control over it because I was never once tempted by an Omega... I tried claiming you, which I deeply and genuinely regret trying because I did not have romantic feelings for you, unlike Mr. Kanbe... I'll be transferred to Paris by the end of the month... I can only say that I wish you all the best and all the happiness with Mr. Kanbe."

Y/N tugged his arm, pulling him into a warm hug that made him shed more tears. Her small hand stroked his back that trembled.

"Mr. Katō, I've already forgiven you the moment I saw how desperate you were chasing the car when I got kidnapped... I knew you worried for my safety as I saw your face. Can... can we at least be f-friends?"

His hand held her shoulder, pushing her back as he looked at her with wide eyes.

"C-Can we?"

"Of course, I'm asking..."

"G-Gladly! Y/N- I mean Ms. L/N-"

"Just call me Y/N, Haru... we're friends!"

"H-Haru... Y/N! Y-Yes, yes. I'm grateful to you..."

"Then... let's keep in contact, okay?"

"Yes!"

Haru hugged her one more time, his heart beating as he fell mercy to her kindness. The door slammed open and the aura of a protective Alpha could be felt. Daisuke held his phone and was clenching it, the screen starting to break. Y/N pushed Haru slightly, swatting her hand in the air,

"W-We're friends! D-Daisuke!"

"Y-Yes, Mr. K-Kanbe, I was just grateful for her f-forgiveness!"

"E-Exactly! We're f-friends!"

The black-haired male sighed, throwing his crushed phone into the bin as he combed through his hair with his hand.

"I wasn't questioning your relationship. I didn't like how Mr. Katō's hands were around my potential mate."

"Potential? M-Mr. Kanbe, Y/N, you guys haven't..."

Daisuke smirked,

"No, but soon."