Chapter 19: Life turn

[I read a couple of comments saying that the story went by fast... but each chapter may have a time jump and I'm trying to finish it within 20+ chapters... sorry.]

"YOU MUST BE FUCKING KIDDING ME! U-USE WHATEVER YOU HAVE! I'LL GIVE YOU ALL MY WEALTH, EVERYTHING. J-JUST... B-Bring her b-back alive..."

"M-Mr. Kanbe, Ms. L/N is alive..."

"THANK HEAVENS, W-wait, what? Save?"

"Yes... the baby that she had..."

...

"B-Baby?"

"Yes, Ms. L/N was 3 weeks pregnant and the physical damage has caused her to have a miscarriage. I am very sorry for your loss."

"I-Is she awake?"

"No. She is fast asleep and I think it is the best for the damage her body has gone through."

"Thank you..."

Daisuke stares down at the floor as the doctor dismissed himself.

I was a father?

His heart clenched, knowing that the two had a baby but was lost because of a malicious attack. The phone in his pocket started vibrating, making him quickly compose himself and take the call. It was Suzue.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Daisuke. I have found the culprit and she is now handcuffed."

"Who was it?"

"Something... er... Ah, yes. Katarina."

"I'm a father."

"Oh... congratulations?! Y-Y/N was pregnant?! WHAT?! I'M GOING TO BE AN AUNT?! W-wait, Daisuke, this is not the time. We have to make sure she stays in jail before we celebrate the little ba-"

"I was a father."

"... W-Was?"

"That bitch killed my child."

"Oh, fucking hell."

"Drag her to the court."

He drove to the court with fury in his eyes. Never once did he ever feel this angry. Both his mate and offspring were harmed. One lost their life. The big wooden door slammed open and all eyes were on him. Katarina was handcuffed, still in her skimpy outfit, trembling with fear. The moment she saw him, she smiled in relief and tears flowed down her cheek.

"M-Mr. Kanbe! I-I've been framed! S-Save me!"

Daisuke glared and his aura filled the entire room, the feeling of murder and anger. He pulled out his phone, immediately connecting it to the large television in the front. Showing photos and evidence one by one, he said in a loud booming voice.

"This woman here has drugged my mate, putting her into heat, with illegal drugs. This woman is also the perpetrator of today's attack, causing harm to my mate's body. And lastly... This woman killed my child."

Katarina's face paled when she heard that. The judge was scared of his tone and anger, quickly deciding how long she would stay in jail.

"4-40 years of prison sentence."

"N-No! I d-did not do that!"

"Ms. Katarina, the images and evidence that has been shown proves otherwise."

Daisuke glared, his voice piercing through their bickering.

"440 years? That's a very good judge right there."

He was beyond explanation, walking right out and leaving the crying ginger-haired lady. There was a place he needed to be currently, and that is by Y/N's side. For a couple of weeks, the Kanbe office felt ominous. Daisuke always held a frown, the sides of his lips turning down more than usual. All he wanted was to finish work and stay by his mate's side. Y/N was doing better, suffering from the grief of losing her child. Today was the day she was able to go back home and with no doubt he rushed to bring her back safely. She sat silently in the car, smiling softly as she stared at the man's now-relaxed face.

"D-Daisuke... I'm sorry."

"Sorry, for what?"

"I... I didn't know I-I was pregnant... I-I, O-Our b-baby..."

Her eyes watered, knowing that the life that formed from their love was lost so easily. He reached over, patting her head dearly as he sighed.

"It's not your fault, Y/N... Besides, If I had lost you too, I wouldn't know how to bear the pain. I'm just glad you're here safe with me. We can't take back what was lost, but we have the time to bear fruits."

"Mhmm..."

"Y/N... I've been thinking all these weeks about something."

Daisuke stopped his car, turning to face the beautiful Omega. He dug his fingers into his pocket, pulling out a red velvet box that revealed a diamond ring that glistened when he opened.

"W-Will you marry me? I am not able to live without you, the person who brought me joy to this mundane life. If I did not meet you that d-"

"Ah, the day you hit me with a car?"

"H-Hey, I'm still talking... I forgot my speech..."

His face was flushed red. He had wrote a few pages of text to recite to her during his proposal but her comment took her off guard.

"My dear, you don't need to tell me everything because my answer is yes."

"Yes?"

"Yes, yes to marrying you."

His eyes lightened up, pulling her into a sweet kiss as he slipped the ring onto her finger. He chuckled as their lips tickled each other,

"You still owe me money through your work~"

"Mhmm, hmm~"