(26) Crash Car Burn

Crash Car Burn

Chapter 26

Aiden’s POV

My whole body was aching for him and I still couldn’t believe that he actually wants to be with me. The words burnt into my heart and will stay there forever. Jamie wants to be with me no matter what anybody says about it. I smiled and took a hold of his hand as he approached me.

“How about you sing me a song?” I asked and watched as the expression on his face changed. I don’t think he’s sung since the accident.

“I… I don’t think so, let’s do something else,” he replied.

“I love your voice,” I stated, wondering why he didn’t want to sing.

“I haven’t sung in like forever, it’ll sound horrible,” he said, shaking his head.

“I doubt it,” I whispered as I stepped closer to him and wrapped my arms around him. I didn’t kiss him, I just held him and I loved how he relaxed into me.

“We could watch a movie or something,” Jamie suggested.

“Not happening chose something else,” I whispered into his ear.

“You can sleep, you must be tired, I’ll read for a bit,” he said.

“How about I read for you?” I asked, pulling out of the hug and cupping his face in my hands.

“You’ll do that?” he asked, sounding a bit surprised.

“Of course, now what do you want to hear?” I replied and watched as a smile formed on his face.

“Anything, you chose,” he replied, sounding happy.

“Ok,” I agreed as I leaned forward and gave him a quick kiss on the lips before letting go of him.

I made my way over to his bookshelf and selected one that I thought he would like, all the way smiling to myself. I have never felt so happy in my entire life.

Jamie was waiting for me on his bed and I felt my heart starting to speed up as I approached him. I wanted to kiss him, to hold him, to make love with him so badly and having to control myself was killing me, especially now that I know he wants me to. I got onto the bed next to him and took a deep breath to calm myself before I started reading. He listened happily, laughing and joking with me as I read. It was fun but after about an hour I was really starting to get tired. I haven’t really slept much the last few days and it was catching up with me.

“I think I need to try to get some sleep,” I said as I closed the book.

“Ok, thanks for reading to me,” Jamie replied, warming my heart. He truly is the most amazing person I have ever met.

“My pleasure,” I replied as I got up and put away the book. When I turned around Jamie had gotten in under the covers and for a second I froze, wondering what I should do.

“Come on then, sleeping on that mattress can’t be very comfortable,” Jamie said making up my mind for me. It is the second time he said that I should sleep with him and this time I wasn’t going to say no. I wanted to be as close to him as possible and he is right about the mattress, it is horrible.

“I’m just going to change quickly,” I said, making my way over to the cupboard. I quickly put on some sweats and a t shirt, turned off the light and then made my way over to his bed.

I got in under the sheets on the opposite side of the bed, feeling more nervous than ever. I had no idea what to do or what he wanted me to do. Luckily for me Jamie quickly sorted that problem out for me as he moved closer to me, laying his head on my shoulder and wrapping is arm around me. My stomach flipped and I could actually hear my breathing increase as he did this.

“Goodnight,” he whispered, tugging in closer to me as he moved his leg over my body.

“Goodnight,” I breathed and then kissed him on his forehead and wrapped my arms around him, pulling his body as close to mine as possible.

It felt incredible to lay with Jamie in my arms and the more it sank in the more I couldn’t believe how lucky I am. I laid like that for a while just marvelling in my own happiness until I fell asleep.