CHAPTER 14 - Uncertainty

After an awkward breakfast, you escape to the balcony and call Edward

After an awkward breakfast, you escape to the balcony and call Edward. He gives you an update on the situation, which hasn't changed much. They managed to arrest seven people which had been inside the two cars following all of you but none of them were saying a word.

McKenzie and the other tech guys were trying to find the origin of the cyber-attack to no avail. That meant that there were no new leads to catch the criminals behind the terrorism attacks.

Sighing, you slump on the railing for a few minutes wondering what's going to happen and how long you will have to live with five artists. Because as much as you enjoy having their presence around you still know they will have to leave at some point. They have a tour to finish, although you don't know if they're up to it after all that has happened. That person is also lying on a hospital bed right now.

Talking about hospitals, the boys must be anxious to know how the operation went. They can't use their phones at the moment because we don't know whether the terrorists can track them to the safe house so you're pretty much the only one with a working cellphone at the moment.

You untangle yourself from the railing and go inside the house to search for the person whom you're more comfortable with at the moment. Seokjin is with Namjoon in the living room. They are both talking about the other concerts and trying to figure out what to do since one of the seven will not be able to perform, at all.

Feeling like a creep for hearing their private conversation, you make your presence known. "Uh, excuse the interruption but do you guys want to make calls? I just talked with my partner and he said there are no changes," you tell them as you come to stand in front of them. "That means we're going to stay here the whole day unless we're told otherwise."

Both boys state at you for a moment, their unblinking eyes boring into you before something akin to recognition passes through their eyes. Jin smiles kindly at you and Namjoon nods. Thus you give them the phone after removing the password in case that it locks itself while they're using it.

"I'll drag Jesse to the backyard so you guys can have a bit of privacy with each other," you tell them gracelessly as you spin around, ready to bolt from the room because the air seems tense between those two.

"Y/N, wait!"

You stop in the hallway and glance back. Namjoon reaches you as you turn around completely. "Yeah?" you ask in a breathy voice.

"I'm sorry about what happened back there. We were just caught up in the moment," RM apologies to you with sincere eyes and a gentle tone in his words. "We're all grateful for your help it's just that the stress from the situation and uncertainty of what will happen have us on edge," he says, brushing his hair back and placing his hands at either side of his hips.

A pang of guilt suddenly nags at you. Of course, they're stressed out! In fact, you're surprised that you haven't found them in a corner bailing their eyes out. Most people get traumatized after living in such an experience.