46| bliss

Almost immediately after, the coach guided me away from the pitch and led me down the halls.

At first, I thought that she was taking me to the changing rooms but when she took me to the headteacher's office, I paused in confusion. 

I turned to look at her and was taken aback by the emotion in her eyes that spilt down onto her cheeks.

I had thought that this woman was quite tough and I never expected to see her cry but alas, here it was.

"Are you okay?" I asked her, forgetting for the moment about the other question on my mind that would explain why I was here.

She didn't answer and instead grabbed a tissue from her hoodie and began to scrub her face, sniffling.

"Despite how it looks, I'm really okay honey," she wisped with tears coating her words, "That was just the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Gahhh, why am I such an emotional wreck right now?"

I was surprised to see how emotionally moved she was by my dance but then the surprise morphed into something much more tender.

The fact that she was crying meant that she had really understood what I was trying to say in the dance.

I was about to thank her for crying oddly enough when the door to the head teacher's office opened and the principal came out, taking my attention.

"Thank you for bringing her here Harriet. Come in, Darcy. I want to have a quick chat," he announced just as his eyes lay on me.

Coach, aka Harriet, just sniffled one last time and nodded, sending me one last in awe look and then left, closing the door behind her.

The principal walked back into his office and I followed, too curious to know what he wanted, quickly sitting in the assigned seat as he sat in his.

"Did I do something?" I asked immediately as I tried to think of anything incriminating that I had done.

He didn't say anything as he studied me with a peculiar look in his eye, a knowing look of some sort that made me even more curious.

After a while, it was only when I narrowed my eyes, trying to figure him out when he sent me a smile, a grateful, proud one that I didn't know I deserved.

"I had a feeling about you," he stated out of the blue, startling me.

"A feeling about what?" I asked, not knowing where this was going.

He just smiled at my confusion and looked down at his papers. As his gaze left mine, I only then realised how relaxed I suddenly felt when his eyes were no longer on me. It was as if just from looking at you, this man could see everything. It was a very weird feeling.

"I caught your dance, miss Ravencourt and I just have to say that it was amazing, liberating even," he said with a warmth both in his tone and in his eyes.

I thanked him and waited for the rest of what he was to say.

"I remember when you came here in the beginning and I offered you that piece of advice t-"

"To stir some trouble," I interrupted with a small smile on my lips.

He chuckled briefly, "Yes that exactly."

"It might have seemed strange for someone like me to say that but like I said before, I just knew the moment you stepped through my doors, that you were our hope."

I was shocked by his words. Not only were they compassionate and kind bu they were also true and I had not been expecting him to say such a thing.

"What do you mean?" I asked, needing him to clarify.