2.

"What is the latest news of the prisoners?" He asked from Titus while entering the immense, grim and gloomy room of the castle which was lightened up by candles. The walls of the castle were built of grey bricks. From the medieval tower of the castle watchers were present as if waiting for an enemy to come so that their arrows could fly.

"The Nouman and his family are going to be handed over to Karatoygar. They are under the strict observation by my brother Bisol." Titus informed him.

"In this way Karatoygar would be dependent on us. It would be necessary for him to win the favour of Sultan Aladdin."Ustad-e-Azam spoke with his rough voice.

"Karatoygar's senior role in Seljukian's palace would relieve us," Titus continued.

"If we are successful, all the borders in the region will change. For the salvation of Jerusalem, we should not refrain from spending our cult's fortune. We are ready to spend the whole treasury. A new Jerusalem campaign for young men will be the easiest way to become rich. To be a part of crusade, they will join the army. The Catalans, Venetians and Marseilleans will all want to join it," he exclaimed.

"What about the spoilt princes of Europe, how will we trust them?" Titus questioned.

"As long as muslims are busy fighting eachother, it won't be difficult," 

"What about the Seljuks? Anatolia? They are on the peak of their power to Sultan Aladdin."

"The day we will set Turks against Saladin Ayubi's grandsons, we would be victorious and Jerusalem would be ours!"

Suddenly the doors of the castle opened and two men along with horses entered. They heard a large and harsh voices.

When Titus arrived, revulsion and fury rose in him like a vomit. Infuriation radiated him but also wave of sadness sweeped down his bones. He was on the verge of anger when he saw dead body lying on the floor; his brother.

"Who did this?" Titus asked, putting a knife on one of the men with a livid expression.

"They were ambushed while bringing the prisoners," he replied looking muddled.

Next moment, thundering of hooves split the silence as the horses galloped through the land. Titus face was contorted with rage.

He saw his soldiers dead, there limbs lying at different angles. The life that had dwelt in them was gone now. Nothing was left now but the regret.

"To whom this axe belong?" Titus asked. A random axe was found there which showed some kind of a sign that belonged to a particular tribe.

"To the Kayis,"