One More Year.

Nobody knows where they might end up...
(Book is set in an alternate universe)
__________

Addison walked into Seattle Grace Hospital not at all excited for the upcoming events of today.
This year was her last year of Residency, and was also the day where she gets her new interns.

She quite fondly remembers her years as an intern. She knows it's hard work and endless hours, yet she just can't bring herself to sympathise with—never mind like—any of her interns.

As usual, she quickly slips her wedding ring into her bag before getting into the elevator, where the one and only Mark Sloan was waiting.

He looks down at her.
"Well. One more year and then you're on my level."

Full of himself as usual, she thought.
"Mark, i've been on your level for years. In fact, if I was just that little bit older i'd be kicking your ass right now."

He stifled a laugh.
"We'll see. Just don't kill any interns today!"

She tightened her grip on her bag as the elevator doors slowly opened.
"I can't promise anything!"

And with that, she walked down the corridor and past the waiting room where she got a glimpse of the five new interns she'd be mentoring.

Her breath hitched a little when her eyes laid upon one of the people in the group, Meredith Grey.